Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have just bought a hp 23 all in one computer & a HP envy

I have just bought a hp 23 all in one computer & a HP envy 5530 printer. I am having difficulty configuring them to work on wireless. I can get it up & running but the connection is quickly lost.
My router is bt home hub EE76.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Where is the wifi connection lost (on the printer or on the computer)?
And how did you connect printer (WPS or Standard Wi-Fi Setup)?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $24 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, and would like to perform troubleshooting with me through (question/answer) mode, then simply reply to the requested information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The wi fi connection is lost on both computer & printer. No thank you to the remote service. I do NOT wish to incur extra cost.

That indicates a problem with the router, is there a reset button on the back of the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we've pressed it more times than I can remember! it seems to work for a while then dip out again.

Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart. Wait for the Hub's Broadband light to glow solid blue. This may take several minutes. Once this is done, check and tell me if it still disconnects.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We've already tried that as well!

Is this a new install of the router and has it always been like this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The router worked fine with our lap top & tablet.

Does it still works fine with the laptop and tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, when it goes off line everything goes off line!

when it goes offline, what color blue light changes to or do you notice any other color changes on the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the lights all stay the same

How long has it been since the router was installed (12 months or less)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No far longer than that. At least 5 years

Unfortunately, it appear's to be a hardware fault with the router, and it will need to be replaced, though the router has live it's intended usage life anyway, and the issue you're experiencing is common when it's 5 years old already. To get a replacement from BT, you will need to speak to them @ 0800 800 150 since it's 5 years old and they never upgraded it you should be able to get a free upgrade to the latest one.
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.