Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Hi Why cant my xp computer read usb flash drive files from

Hi Why cant my xp computer read usb flash drive files from my win 8.1 computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Dan :

Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. This may be due in part to the way the flash drive is formatted. Can you provide me more information please?

Customer:

Hi its just a normal usb 256mb scandisk dongle, sorry

Customer:

Hi been trying again and again then the penny dropped. I had to upgrade software to run on latest windows. Id installed the wrong [old] one. reinstalled the updated one and now it reads the dongle ok . Sorry I`m a" dick head". Ted H.

Dan :

Well at least it is working. I would suggest though you look into getting a larger flash drive if you have a lot of files to move. That would make the process go a little faster.