Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I had a screen come on my computor this morning saying that

I had a screen come on my computor this morning saying that I had been hacked and had a trojan and ad... it had a windows logo and a free phone No which I rang and I was asked to go to www.join326 and then click on easytech. The person asked to run a detection programme after various questions from me and seemed quite genuine.The popup said it was a free sevice and then to get rid of the trojan and I was asked to pay. I daid I could not and to ring back tomorrow as this would have meant giving card details. I was asked not toturn on my computor until he rang me back tomorrow. Have I been had or this this Co a support partner with windows
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

we are from www.justanswer.com tech support

Customer:

Hi Michelle I am Linda

Michelle :

your computer is infected with malware and may be fake virus allert program

Michelle :

There are people who sends these malware to your computer in many different forms like email or a weblink and if you click on it the browser gets hijacked however its like someone is throwing malware programs to your computer and giving there number to call them and get it fixed.

Michelle :

It will say free however its not and then you will see many infected files to remove them pay 200$

Customer:

So what can I do about this and should I now just ignore it as I did not pay over any money and Norton did come up while I was on the phone saying that I had a problem with blue cloud that I treid to download last night but this is a BT thing and they had acess tomy programmes or so they said so it is very worrying

Michelle :

this is what is happening to your computer is that correct

Michelle :

if you can allow me a remote access i can check and tell you what program is causing the problem and i will give you free tools which you will not have to pay however my service is a paid service which you have already paid as a deposit.

Customer:

Yes they wanted £195.00 for a life time service and when I said I couldn't afford that he bought the price down twice

Michelle :

let me know so that i can get you computer fixed and will tell you how to avoid clicking unwanted links or open unwanted emails

Michelle :

there are may companies who is doing this they say they are calling from Microsoft or may be Norton but there are all fake and wants to make quick bucks

Michelle :

you can check our website we are a reputed service provider with 100% customer satisfaction policy

Michelle :

we have a world + rating on BBB (better business bureau)

Customer:

Im not using that computor at the moment should I go and log on to that one and contact and will you contact me via E mail so that I can let you haqve access

Michelle :

please turn on the computer which has the problem so that i can remote access and fix the problem for you.

Customer:

just turning on and logging in

Michelle :

ok i will wait

Customer:

Right I am on and it is a windows 7 not vista

Michelle :

no problem

Michelle :

is the computer up in running now

Michelle :

open this link on the problem computer

Customer:

Its on but not on a programme

Michelle :

let me know when you are on this website

Customer:

There are a lot of sites but it seems that I am not getting the right 1 will try another searcb engine

Michelle :

try to open the link

Customer:

I have remote desk top connection

Michelle :

did you open the link

Michelle :

click on the green button which says Start working with ammyy admin its free

Michelle :

install ammyy and let me know the 7 digit id it will show you on the left hand side of the ammyy box "your id"

Customer:

it has come up with an operator called Lena

Michelle :

you must have opened some other website

Michelle :

i can make you open this chat on the problem computer

Michelle :

can you open justanswer email on the problem computer

Michelle :

and clcik on view my answer button on the justanswer email

Michelle :

it will open this chat on that comuter

Customer:

I have now opened E-mail and have all on screen

Michelle :

open justanswer email and click on view my answer button the chat will launch on the problem computer

Customer:

I have the conversatyion up on screen

Michelle :

ok good

Michelle :

now click on the link above

Michelle :

go to the ammyy website and click on the green button "Start working with ammyy admin its free".

Michelle :

run to install it and then give me the "your id " number

Michelle :

then i will be able to get connected to the computer

Michelle :

remotely

Michelle :

did you install ammyy admin

Customer:

Yes it is downloaded and now in downloads but there was not a No

Michelle :

does the computer have windows 7 operating system

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

click on start button select the search box and type in ammyy

Michelle :

you will see a red icon comes up click on it

Michelle :

start button is the windows key down on the bottom left hand side of your screen

Customer:

ID is 43 289 517

Michelle :

i am connected now

Michelle :

i am disconnected from the remote

Michelle :

let the scan clean it completely and then restart the computer

Michelle :

let me know on this chat

Customer:

Computor restarted

Michelle :

now you will see the computer is acting normal there will be no more unnecessary popups or your browser will not be hijacked by any other search engines

Michelle :

by defaut i must have msn or google as your home page

Michelle :

check and let me know

Customer:

It has a lot of deleted folders showing can I just close that down Google is the home page we use the most

Michelle :

deleted folders are the infected once now its clean

Customer:

Both explorer and google are coming up google

Michelle :

you can close and open internet browser few times to make sure the browswer hijack is fixed

Michelle :

did you check

Customer:

It all seems Ok now thank you very much

Michelle :

thank you for using our service and please click on the below smiley and hit submit then ok to close this session.

Michelle :

it was wonderful working with you.