LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

my 8 year old granddaughter has a CNM 9" tablet. She cannot

my 8 year old granddaughter has a CNM 9" tablet. She cannot access it because she entered a personal password ***** now she can't remember it. Is there any way to reset the tablet to factory settings and override the password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

LKT :

You will need to do a factory restore on your tablet (this will wipe all data)

LKT :

Use the following procedure to complete the factory restore:

1. Ensure that the CNM TouchPad is turned off.

2. Hold down the + Volume Key and keep it held down while plugging in the power adapter.

3. Release the + Volume Key.

4. Hold down the + Volume Key.

5. Keep the Volume Key held down and hold the Power Button down until the TouchPad starts to boot.

6. When the Android Robot appears on screen release the + Volume Key.

7. Hold the Power Button down and press the + Volume Key and the Android System Recovery menu will appear. Release both buttons.

8. Use the Volume Keys on the top of the tablet to scroll up and down the menu on screen.

9. Scroll down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option by using the Volume Keys, and press the Power Button to enter the option

10. Then scroll down to "yes – delete all user data" and press the Power Button to enter the option

11. You will be taken to a screen where the system will show that it is wiping the data and factory resetting the TouchPad

12. Once the data has been wiped from the TouchPad, you will see the text "Data wipe complete"

13. Select the option "Reboot system now" by using the Power Button to select the option

14. You will see the TouchPad reboot and you can then use the tablet as normal.

LKT :

If you have any questions please let me know. Thank You.