Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have lost my Kindle ID and password

I have lost my Kindle ID and password ***** as I have book I have written on there I can no longer check the sales figures which were wrong when I went in a few weeks ago. All I get from Amazon and Kindle customer service is they need the email and log-in details. They have kindly sent an email to the address which is of no use because I can't log-in. I have tried ringing them, sent numerous emails, have proof that the account is mine (which they acknowledge they have received correspondence which ties in with the account but they can't tell me the details! This has been going on for a fortnight and I am no further forward. Am I really wasting my time? Dave xxxxxxxof xxxxxxx - xxx xxxx xx xxxxx and xxxxxxx - Txxx xxxx xx xxxxx. I have the final book Esidarap - After Magic to publish and have nearly finished an adult bulk but not willing to put these on, (through xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx) until I resolve this issue. If there anyone out there who can help then I really do need the assistance.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dave. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me the email address to which Amazon is sending you correspondence?
Please replace the @ symbol with AT when you type it or I won't be able to read it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Byron the response is to my xxxx.xxxxxxl xx xxxxx.co.uk. This is the account where I've sent my initial enquiries and the one they respond to but not having any success with them. I have been all my emails with regards ***** ***** and the only other account which was set up by Gold Wind Limited was *****@******.*** but this no longer works if it ever did.

Regards,

Dave xxxxxxx

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just had a response from Kindle again telling me that they don't have the right email address but have sent me an email tot it. This is the third email they've sent that I can't read because I don't know where they are sending it. They keep quoting Data Protection so I've asked for all the details they have on me so I can check it.

Regards,

Dave xxxxxxx

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Dave, I am unable to read the second address because it contains the @ symbol instead of AT.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry the email set up by xxxx xxxx was xxxxxxxxxxxx AT yahoo.co.uk

Regards,

David

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Tell me if I've got this right so far:
You have access to xxxxx.xxxxxxx AT xxxxx.co.uk
but you don't have access to xxxxxxxxxxxx AT yahoo.co.uk ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, sorry Dukey, those are both email addresses that I can use to get in touch with Kindle, but these are not the one's they are asking for with regard to my Kindle Id used to access my account which contains details of my sales etc. There has to be another user ID to access this which I though was xxxxxxxxxxxx AT yahoo.co.uk but they are saying this is not the one. I am totally lost at what it can be as those are the only two I know of.

Regards, David

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

This is what Yahoo! is telling me about xxxxxxxxxxxxx AT yahoo.co.uk
graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Which doesn't solve the problem of which account is being used does it? The site is still live with my details on it, my books and I have recieved payment for sales but as I cannot see those details I can't check if they corrected the error with regards ***** ***** sales. If they are replying to a KID then I need to know it, that is the whole point of me writing to them over the last seven days. I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you and for me but I need answers that no one is able to give althought THEY know what the email and account details are!

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried this?
-
http://www.customerserviceguru.co.uk/amazon-customer-service-number/
-

Maybe someone in the US could better serve you. On this page is a toll-free US Amazon number.
-
http://www.800-numbers.net/amazon/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh well, it was worth a try. Many thanks for your time I can see I will have to wait for Yanina at Gold Wind to get in touch and then I'll delete the whole lot and see if I can find another e-publisher who isn't wrapped up in the Data Protection Agency.

Please accept the payment but ensure I am not charged a monthly fee.

Many thanks for trying.

Dave xxxxxxx

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Thank you David. I am showing this as a one-time only question. I will double-check with customer service to make sure that is the case. Please take a moment before leaving to rate using the smiley/stars and good luck with Amazon/Gold Wind

Byron

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave. I've already followed up with Customer Service and you shouldn't have any subscription issues.