toughguy
toughguy, The Computer Guy
Experience:  Post Graduate (Gold Medal) with 6 Years of Work Experience, 11 Year of exp in data recovery
21067471

Is it possible to re-register my husband's Kindle and Kindle

Customer Question

Is it possible to re-register my husband's Kindle and Kindle Fire in my name? I don't think I can find his passwords.
Category: Computer
Expert:  toughguy replied 2 years ago.
toughguy :

toughguy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer

toughguy :

You can easily DEREGISTER the Kindle and RE-REGISTER it in your name

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

Well? Have you any advice?

toughguy :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

Howdo I de-register the Kindle? I don't see a tab on their site to enable that.

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

And what abut the I-pad?

toughguy :

Were you or your husband able to login to your Husband's amazon.com account?

toughguy :

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.

2. From Your Devices, select a device that supports Manage Your Device.

3. Select the Device Actions drop-down menu

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I'm sure he could. I've no idea how I would do it. And it seems dishonest somehow.

toughguy :

then under Device Actions

toughguy :

Deregister option would deregister the device

toughguy :

To Deregister you should be able to login to amazon.com account or the actual device (Kindle)

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I can see that the action you suggest under "manage your devices' would enable me to manage my own devices. But I don't see that it enables me to manage his.

toughguy :

ofcourse it can be done from your husband's account ONLY with whose account the device is REGISTERED

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

And what about changing name on the I-pad?

toughguy :

Ok. Give me 1 minute

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I've just received a note from you on the I-pad (I am working on my own MacBookAir, inviting me to "View Your Answer", but when I click on the green Your Your Anser area I get a blank screen and am returned to the multi-icon area.

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I've just received a message on the I-pad inviting me to "View Your Answer" but on tapping the green tab I am just returned to the multi-icon screen.

toughguy :

You can UN REGISTER Ipad also

toughguy :

please check below steps..

toughguy :

On your Ipad device go into 'Setttings', 'Store', you can set up the ID there. Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer:

Open iTunes.
Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.

Next to each device or computer name, you will be able to see when each was associated to your Apple ID. You will also be able to track how many days are remaining before your associated devices or computers can be associated to a different Apple ID.

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

Have just written you two complaints that I am unable to "View Your Answer" as invited on the I-pad screen. I just get returned to the muti-icon screen. And what about de-registering and reregistering the iPad. I am certainly not satisfied so far, but also noticed on the iPad screen that 32e had already been taken from my account. This doesn't encourage me to recommend the Just Answer service to any one else!

toughguy :

On the Manage Devices screen click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

Note: Removing a device from your Apple ID does not override the 90 day timer. The timer must complete 90 days from the day the device was associated before it can be associated to another Apple ID.

toughguy :

toughguy :

can we use Q&A format instead of chat?

toughguy :

You see to have problem with viewing message via chat

toughguy :

Are you seeing my message?

toughguy :

Please respond?

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

So can I re-register the apple I-pad etc in my own name and retain the same Apple ID, so as to avoid the 90 day rule?

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I have found just one Apple ID for my late husband. listed as Apple iCloud. (And I have no idea what Apple iCloud does.

toughguy :

First you have to Unregister then wait for 90 days and then you can associate it with your ID

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I cal so get panicky with I-tunes, as I expect it to be all about music, which I now gather it is not!

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

WHen you have answered this and made subsequent clarifications, will you be able to send me an email which I can print off, so that I can follow it carefully as I try to follow the instructions?

toughguy :

Apple iCloud is Apple's storage service

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

ANy format you like> What is the difference?

toughguy :

Sure.. I can do that but for that I would need your email address

toughguy :

we would need to use additional services for sharing Email address and it would cost $20

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

You have my email address - or I gave it when submitting the first question.

toughguy :

should I send additional services request for $20 so that you can provide your email address..

toughguy :

No.. Expert donot have I wont get your personal details.

toughguy :

Unless you want to share them

toughguy :

To enable sharing personal details we would need to use Additional Services

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

You mean it costs me an extra 20e for you to send me info in email form?

toughguy :

NOPE

toughguy :

it would cost $20 for us to use a SERVICE which enables PRIVATE CONTACT DETAILS..

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

Already I feel I've spent a lot for suggestions which may or may not work when I try them out!

toughguy :

it is a service to share personal contact details..

toughguy :

even if you type you email address in chat window I can't see as it would be MASKED as *'s

toughguy :

I would only see *'s

toughguy :

Whatever I have shared would WORK..

toughguy :

they are the recommendations from Amazon and Apple..

toughguy :

It has worked for other customers

toughguy :

If you donot want to PAY MORE, please copy paste content in chat to your device

toughguy :

Unfortunately I donot have access to your email address details

toughguy :

I would ONLY get them IF YOU SHARE via Additional Services for private contact info

toughguy :

It is NOT my requirement, it is from Justanswer policy

toughguy :

to enable secure sharing of personal details like email, phone, etc

toughguy :

hope you understand

toughguy :

I have the informatiom, it wont cost me anything to share the same info with you

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

OK. I am now going to write down all your suggestions by hand. Then I will try them. Then once they work I will release payment. I hope this is fair. I just am not quick enough to do it any other way - and I may need further advice. Is there anything else you can think of?

toughguy :

but to do that I need your email address

toughguy :

It is fine..

toughguy :

to avoid WRITING DOWN manually and be able to get your email address... should I check for another LOW COST option?

toughguy :

there is one service for $10 through which also we can share personal details? Are you willing to use that?

toughguy :

That way I can provide my email address and you can send me a test email, I can reply with the steps to your email address

toughguy :

Sorry for the trouble, it is JustAnswer policy to safeguard user details I donot have a say on the policies.

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I do't see what you mean by "of course it can be done from your husband's account ONLY with whose account the device is REGISTERED" "With whose"? The point is I don't have his password.

toughguy :

I mean from your HUSBAND's Amazon.com account

toughguy :

that is the WAY.. otherwise there is NO OTHER WAY

toughguy :

without valid password ***** have to RESET the device and you would LOOSE all the data

toughguy :

Securing user data is of atmost importance to any company

toughguy :

so unless correct passwords are provided access to device cant be get

toughguy :

I hope also agree regarding this..

toughguy :

I hope you also agree regarding this..

toughguy :

Just consider this scenario, suppose you lost your device say kindle or ipad and someone get's access to the data very easily.. do you feel it is safe to have personal details like emails, pics, etc stored on the device?

toughguy :

You can provide feedback after trying the steps

toughguy :

Also please feel free to let me know if there are any further queries

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

It is really not ToughGuy's fault that I am still confused, but the set-up of the screen is such that I can only see a small amount of what he suggests at one time. I have now copied and pasted the entire conversation (had not realised I could do this until he suggested it) but before that spent a lot of time transcribing the conversation, scrolling down one inch of screen at a time).

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

One v important question remains unanswered: Does the password ***** found for my husband's Apple I-cloud account relate to his other Apple devices and computers, including the I-pad? If so, I can probably manage the transfers - but with the 90-day difficulty. If not, I am going to need further advice, and would like to receive it before releasing payment. Don't know who this is going to, since ToughGuy has "left the chat". I hope some one will advise me, and will keep the window open for 5 minutes.

toughguy :

Glad that you are able to copy paste content from chat, that would be the EASIEST way to save details to your device

toughguy :

Hi I am STILL in the CHAT..

toughguy :

Please visit the link and it has answer to all your queries..

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

Good, that's great. Can you answer the question about the I-cloud password?

toughguy :

ICloud password ***** give access to the CONTENT stored in ICloud

toughguy :

if you have username and password ***** Apple ID then you can have full control of the Apple devices registered with that username and password (email address)

toughguy :

About Apple ID

toughguy :

An Apple ID is your username for everything you do with Apple: shopping the iTunes store, signing in to iCloud, buying an app, using iMessage, and more. That's why it's best to use a single Apple ID and not forget it. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and may cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

If you can't remember your Apple ID, follow these steps to look for it:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) and click “Find your Apple ID”.

2. Enter your first name, last name, current email address, and any prior email addresses that you might have used to create an Apple ID. Apple uses this information to search for Apple IDs.

• If no Apple IDs are found, follow the onscreen instructions to create an Apple ID.

• If one Apple ID is found, choose whether to receive an email from Apple or answer security questions. Both options will conclude by asking you to reset your Apple ID password. Follow the instructions provided.

• If multiple Apple IDs are found, select the one that matches your current email address. Then choose whether to receive an email from Apple or answer security questions. Both options will conclude by asking you to reset your Apple ID password. Follow the instructions provided.

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

I would like to have MY name on the I-pad, so that I can get MY Kindle books onto it. I think I mentioned this before. But it sounds as though to do that I would have to wait 90 days. Perhaps I could ask for them to be sent to "Edward's Kindle"? (That was his name.) Would that work?

toughguy :

If you want to UNREGISTER and then REGISTER then there is the 90 day period

toughguy :

You can try Family Sharing

toughguy :

it is for sharing PURCHASED content among family members

toughguy :

so that you donot need to re-register and then register ipad

JACUSTOMER-b2odw23u- :

That's very helpful Toughguy. Thank you. I'll try all that. May take me some time (no more available just now). So I'll sign off and OK payment. Are you available tomorrow if I need follow up? How much would that cost? (Of course what I really need is a resident techie!). Thank you, anyway.

toughguy :

I will be available tomorrow or to that matter after a week also to work with you and alrify any doubts

toughguy, The Computer Guy
Experience: Post Graduate (Gold Medal) with 6 Years of Work Experience, 11 Year of exp in data recovery