Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have not used my Kindle for a while and moved house, I am

Customer Question

I have not used my Kindle for a while and moved house, I am trying to connect to Wifi but am unable. I go to settings and Wi-fi networks and view available networks but when I try to view networks it does not show me anything and reverts back to view. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is Randy.
I will assist you.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network.A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACHTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Kindle is an earlier version, however it still tells me that there are no connection after switching off etc!

okay, try connecting to the wifi using the manual set up>
  1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
  2. Select Wi-Fi Settings to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks.
  3. Select enter other Wi-Fi network.
  4. Enter the Network Name.
  5. Enter the Wi-Fi password/Network Key if required.
  6. Select submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately it tells me there are no wi-fi networks, that is the problem

okay, the reboot usually corrects any glitches with the kindle firmware.
try unplugging the router power for a minute then replug the powerand then try the reset on the kindle again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it still tells me NO Wi-Fi network available!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to go now but woud appreciate if you could come up with an answer. My kindle is version 4.1.1(###) ###-####. I have purchased a book and the download is still pending. Many thanks for your time

okay, thank you. I will check on another option for you to try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think maybe you do not realise my Kindle is an early version and ebook only!

The instructions are for the Kindle Paperwhite ereader. Do you know your model number?