Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Some time ago I lost all my hotmail history and tried a number

Customer Question

Some time ago I lost all my hotmail history and tried a number of times to get it back but without any success. this is causing me endless problems can it be retrieved?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/8t96j-purchased-wf-4630-printer-pro-last-week-having-problems.html

Michelle :

please tell me the problem a bit more in detail.

Michelle :

you are not able to login or you have lost your hotmail inbox

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

I can log in but at present have only 2 pages of history, sometimes up to 4. This happened some months ago and no MSN help line has been able to answer why this happened. it is not a computer problem it is specifically a hotmail problem and if you have not come across it before then you will not be able to help me.

Michelle :

I have been using hotmail from quite sometime but i have not seen any history option in it could be please be specific and show me where you see the history option.

Michelle :

I have come across with the history issue ever in that case i will have to open the question to other email experts for there input.

Michelle :

just to upgrade my hotmail knowledge could you please tell me where the history option is found as i am with hotmail screen now and i want to update my knowledge base.

Michelle :

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

You scroll back the pages for history and I used to get everything I had ever received

Michelle :

when was the last time you use to get the history of your emails fine and now you are not.

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

I get 2 to 4 pages now, this problem started about 4 months ago, sometimes I can get up to 9 pages remaining and some times none, I know other people have commented on suddenly losing their history, nobody appears to know why.

Michelle :

if i remote access can you show me the 2 to 4 pages history you get so that i can work on it and get you back as it was working earlier.

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

The problem is with Hotmail not my computer, it is some security problem created when I tried to re establish the pass word on another account, it is contact with MSN or Hotmail I need but cannot find anyway to communicate with them.

Michelle :

please tell me the time when you could be online i will be online at the same time and will assist you in recovering the password.

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

I don't want to recover the password ***** as that address is dead, I want the history back on my main e mail address.

Michelle :

Please confirm are you looking for msn chat history from the past chat or you want the history of your sent item emails.

JACUSTOMER-mapbtw66- :

It is the history of received mail that has gone. Sent Mail is still there.

Michelle :

the received email are only found in two places one is the inbox and the second it might go into the spam folder and it is still not there there is no other way we can retrieve them as hotmail is a free email service and they do not keep a backup copy on there server.