Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I get rid of Cloudflare from my computer. I have no

Customer Question

How do I get rid of Cloudflare from my computer. I have no idea how it got on my system unless it was part of the latest Firefox update.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Computer Tech :

- Please go to Start->Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features, and uninstall the program Cloudflare if it's there.

Viet - Computer Tech :

- Then in Firefox, click on the menu (3-bar) icon at the upper right corner, then click on Options, then click on the General tab, and check the Home Page option there; if needed, change to a home website you want, then click OK.

Viet - Computer Tech :

- If needed, click on the menu (3-bar) icon at the upper right corner in Firefox, then click on Add-ons, then click on the option Extensions. If you see Cloudflare there, then remove it.

Customer :

Doesn't show in any of those locations

Viet - Computer Tech :

- Please try this: click on the menu (3-bar) icon at the upper right corner in Firefox, then click on the ? icon (question mark) at the bottom, then click on Troubleshooting Information, then click on Reset Firefox..., then click on Reset to confirm, then check.

Customer :

Reset now

Viet - Computer Tech :

OK, thanks

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please let me know how it goes later. Thank you.

Customer :

That seems too havew solved the problem. Many thanks. What exactly is Cloudflare ?

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. Great. "CloudFlare is a company which provides a content delivery network and distributed domain name server,..."

Customer :

So it was packaged with Firefox then

Viet - Computer Tech :

It's more for website developer

Viet - Computer Tech :

usually, with free programs, they package with some paid programs

Viet - Computer Tech :

so when you install /update programs

Viet - Computer Tech :

watch out; uncheck any extra features / extra programs

Viet - Computer Tech :

Do you have any further question for now?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have uninstalled Firefox and installed Chrome but this Cloudflare remains and blocks some download sites even though I use a VPN.

Can you remotely check my system and remove any remnants of this program ?

Sorry, yes. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a4819025-f8a9-4f6c-862c-d5e0677b49bf

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Checked via remote support. Please let me know if there still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything seems to be working fine with Chrome. Having used Firefox for some years things do seem a little strange at the moment. Some Firefox add-ons for example aren't compatible with Chrome but that's a small price to pay. I am running both registered versions of Malwarebyte and Kaspersky anti-virus. Is this OK or do they clash ?

It's fine running both. "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild"."
Reference:
https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201861736-Does-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-replace-antivirus-software-