Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

When I open my Samsung Chromebook, I get a message saying that

When I open my Samsung Chromebook, I get a message saying that the version of Chrome I am using is no longer supported. Apart from clicking on "Dismiss" is there anything else I can or should do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You may just need to update Here is a video of the process: Click Here
If for some reason none show we can check manually, follow these steps to do that:

Click the status area in the lower-right corner where your account picture appears.
Select Settings.
At the top of the page that opens, click About Chrome OS.
In the “About” window that appears, click the Check for and apply updates button.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"About Chrome OS" does not appear on my Settings page.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Are you checking the status area settings and not the browser settings? It would be in the lower-right corner where your account picture appears. Did you check the video I sent as well?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes to the settings page, no to the video - can't find it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok here is the video again: : Click Here Let me know what happens when you try that.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked - many thanks!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.