IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Recent Super Safe Boost update v. slow, PC switched off after

Recent Super Safe Boost update v. slow, PC switched off after good hour. Now cannot get F-Secure Corp./TalkTalk programme to switch virus protection back on. PC else normal.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Can you confirm if you use Windows 7 or another Windows version? Also, did everything work several days ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use Windows 7 and everything worked several days ago before very slow Super Safe Boost update had to be aborted

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information!

You should be able to solve this problem easily by restoring settings to a previous point in time, when all worked fine - using System Restore.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Click the Windows Start button and type system restore into the search box and press Enter (or click Windows Start button and point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to select either Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point

3. Since Recommended restore is usually one day old, select Choose a different restore point and press Next

4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)

5. Select a date when you know everything worked fine

6. To confirm, click Next and then Finish

7. Your computer will restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check for further options.

Regards,
IT Miro