Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Hi I purchased a viao laptop about a month ago. I How can I

Customer Question

Hi I purchased a viao laptop about a month ago. I How can I repair thishave sed it very little. Today thereessage your boot configuration is missing required information/ I dont have a disc or usb as it was loader when I got it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert today to help you fix he problem.

Michelle :

do you have any important data which you cannot afford to loose

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

No Michelle

Michelle :

the error tells that the windows boot files are corrupted or it might have been deleted by mistake or so

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

So how do I fix it

Michelle :

however in this case we will initiate a factory restore which will bring back the computer to originally as it was on the day first

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

ok how do I do that

Michelle :

I will give you the steps to run

Michelle :

please tell me the model number of the sony viao

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

sony voio

Michelle :

model number

Michelle :

Turn off the sony vaio laptop

Michelle :

wait for 2 mins

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

SVF521A7EW

Michelle :

turn on the power button and immediately after you hit the power button keep tapping on the F10 for few times it will launch the factory restore options

Michelle :

hit enter to select factory restore and let it complete the process

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

It says unale to reset a required drive partition is missing

Michelle :

if this message comes that means the hidden partition on the hard drive is damaged either the hard drive has crashed or the partition is damaged.

Michelle :

you will have to call Sony viao and get the the unit replaced as its just one month old and its under warranty

JACUSTOMER-8if1iwwd- :

so can this be fixed

Michelle :

if the partition is damaged then you will need windows operating system disk to get the windows reinstalled however if you call sony support and tell them the partition is damaged or its not functioning then they will send you sony recovery disks through which you can reinstall windows and all the drivers will be installed as well.

Michelle :

why are you rating my service bad I am giving you all the correct info which is true