Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My Samsung laptop is not working it says my p c ran into a

Customer Question

My Samsung laptop is not working it says my p c ran into a problem and needs to restart where just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for me it's been like that since last night please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Netman70 replied 1 year ago.
Netman70 :

Hi, Welcome to just answers, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Netman70 :

if the computer powers on, but Windows does not load, press the F4 Key at the Samsung logo when you first power on the computer

Netman70 :

Once Samsung Recovery Solution loads, click Restore. The Restore dialog should appear.

Netman70 :

click basic restore

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : Still not working
Netman70 :

Did the Samsung Recovery Solution load?

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : No
Netman70 :

push the power button to turn it on and just start tapping the F4 key until you see something

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : All it says is preparing automatic repair and your p c ran into a problem I have pressed f4 a number of times and still nothing
Netman70 :

Is this windows *

Netman70 :

8

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : Yes
Netman70 :

OK

Netman70 :

Windows 8 have pre-activated recovery feature called “Startup repair” which automatically launches when it detects boot failure. However, in some circumstances where there are major system files corruptions it fails to initiate automatically or goes in Preparing Automatic Repair loop. We can initiate these recovery options through Windows 8 re-installation media.

If you do not have a Windows 8 reinstallation media you can create one. You might be required to have your Windows 8 product key, you can look for the product key on your machine or contact the computer manufacturer to get it.

You may refer the article below to create a bootable CD/DVD or a USB drive.

Create installation media for Windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

After you have your Windows 8 bootable USB drive ready you can initiate the recovery process.

Let’s try these methods below:

Method 1:

1. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

2. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

3. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

4. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Method 2:

If automatic repair does not help, you may also try to rebuild the BCD booting from the Windows 8 installation media and follow these instructions:

3. Click on Repair your computer.

4. Click on Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.

5. Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Bootrec /fixmbr
    Bootrec /fixboot
    Bootrec /rebuildbcd

6. Restart the computer. Check if you’re able to boot now.

Netman70 :

This isnt an easy fix but a known problem for windows8 I will opt out and see if any of the other experts have a better solution.

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : Do I press f 4 again when I turn it on
Netman70 :

Do you have the windows 8 disc

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : No
Netman70 :

Ok then you will have to follow the steps above, the F4 thing wont help with windows 8

Netman70 :

I will opt out and see if any of the other experts have a better solution.

JACUSTOMER-dmqd2aqg- : What steps am I to follow
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam