s4sys
s4sys, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelors in computer science engineering & 3+ years experience in System\Network support
27774087

Hi I have problem with a Samsung ATIV Tab 3 operating Windows

I have problem with a Samsung ATIV Tab 3 operating Windows 8. The battery will not charge. When I connect the charging unit the tablet works but the battery does not charge. It shows as 0% charged and the battery charging symbol on the right of the Windows taskbar has a white cross on a red background over it, presumably indicating a problem with charging.
Greg
Category: Computer
Expert:  s4sys replied 2 years ago.
s4sys :

Hi Thanks for using justanswer

s4sys :

Once the battery is totally empty (no reponse of home key, little blue light by power button off), you plug it in and it works

s4sys :

If this answer is helpful don't forget to accept this , then only I will get paid.

Customer:

I am not sure that the battery is totally empty although that is what the display is telling me. When I power on without the charger connected the tab powers up but I still have that symbol over the battery status indicator on the task bar

s4sys :

Wait for till the battery fully discharge after that you recharge , it will get recharge.

s4sys :

This problem existing for the same type tab.

Customer:

OK. If the battery is fully charged even though it is telling me that it is empty it will take a while to completely discharge.

s4sys :

this is the problem with the battery , you have to change it or have to try the same trick.

s4sys :

It will work out.

Customer:

It seems to shut itself down after about 10 minutes. That is the tab shuts down completely and needs to be restarted rather than just the screensaver kicking in and blanking the screen. Is that because the operating system thinks the battery is about to run out of power?

s4sys :

also charge indicator shows wrong , you have to wait the battery fully discharged and then try.

s4sys :

This will definitely solve your problem , please let me know once you done.

s4sys :

The same problem persists for different customers , they did the same that worked for them.

Customer:

OK, how do I reconnect with you?

s4sys :

copy this link and save it , then come back here.

Customer:

Ok thanks for your assistance so far.

s4sys :

If this answer is helpful don't forget to accept this, then only I get paid.

Customer:

Ok, I have saved the link

s4sys :

ok

s4sys :

please come back here itself , I can help you to solve this issue.

Customer:

It took a while to run the battery right down but it did work. Thanks