hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

CANNOT GET WIRLESS CONNECTION TO COMPUTER BUT CAN GET WIRLESS

Customer Question

CANNOT GET WIRLESS CONNECTION TO COMPUTER BUT CAN GET WIRLESS CONNECTION TO DONGLE ON TV. HAVING TO USE ETHERNET CABLE TO COMPUTER AT THIS MOMENT.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. Can we please try a remote session to work on the problem you are having?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Were you previously able to connect using the computer Wifi to your Wifi router?

Did anything lead up this?

What happens when you try to connect?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

next time i switched on there was no responce.

a small red cross appears in the conection icon.

What is the make & model of you computer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PACKARD BELL. ALL IN ONE DESKTOP.

Ok please try removing this Wifi network connection from your Windows 7 computer and then letting your computer rediscover it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/05dc13ef-b5fd-4066-bb55-10d82f40e444/how-to-remove-wireless-network?forum=w7itpronetworking

When you left click your Wifi network you will be asked for the network username & password.

After entering this you will have joined your Wifi network again. Is the red cross still there?