Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-SR57 but cannot access the instruction

Customer Question

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-SR57 but cannot access the instruction booklet. I need to get the files up on the computer screen to select which files (there are quite a few by now) to burn on to a DVD, but cannot remember how. Can you help, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

Please let me know the operating system installed on your computer

Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help you resolve the camera problem.

Michelle :

you must connect the camera to the computer which has xp, vista or windows 7

Michelle :

after you connect it then you must install the camera driver on the computer so that the computer recognizes the camera and then you can browse the video files saved on the tape and can download it and make a copy of the video.

JACUSTOMER-id6xou73- :

Hi Michelle. The operating system is Windows 7. I have connected the camera to the computer and the camera screen has three options; "usb connect" with a cylinder symbol,"usb connect" with a card symbol and "disc burn".

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

does your camera have a sd card

JACUSTOMER-id6xou73- :

no

Michelle :

do you want me to remote access and show you how to save the videos on your computer?

JACUSTOMER-id6xou73- :

Hi again. I was just going to ask "So does that mean that I press the "usb connect" with the drum symbol, which will bring the files up on to the computer screen so that I can select the ones to burn to disc?" but your suggestion sounds good to me. Please be my guest.

Michelle :

you will have to select the file and then save it on your computer before you start to select the burn option.

Michelle :

as the file is on your computer then you can select and burn it.

Michelle :

absolutely correct as soon as you connect the camera to the computer you will see the symbol "usb connect"

Michelle :

click on it and it will ask you to save the file select your computer and save it

Michelle :

after that you can burn it on a disk

Michelle :

if you want i can remote access and do it for you you can learn that way.

JACUSTOMER-id6xou73- :

That would be better. I just turned away for a sec and now the camera screen is blank. If you can remote access it might be best!

Michelle :

Click here

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
did you click on the click here link i gave as the page opens click on the green button "I Agree" and let me know then i will try to connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I clicked the "I agree" button.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
let me connect.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Problem fixed using remote access.