Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

my computer is full of viruses. can i wipe the whole thing

my computer is full of viruses. can i wipe the whole thing and start again
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Wiping the computer will erase everything -- Is that what you want to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an external hard drive which i can save stuff to. I havent updated it recently as I wasnt sure if it would transfer viruses.

If it is possible to fix without wiping it I would prefer that.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
It can be fixed without doing a wipe. If you are able to access the internet on the computer or you have another computer that can download a file then I can clear the computer of viruses for you through our remote services option. It is an additional charge but it allows me to connect to your computer and fix the issue for you. Let me know if you are open to that option
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you tell me how much it will cost as I don't have a lot of money, but that option sounds good.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Chrissy,

I am sending you the offer now. Please review the additional services offer when you see it appear.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting the offer!

Please go here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Download the program and install the software onto the virus infected computer. After you run the installation, open the software, and you will be provided with "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD" - please list those two options here so I can connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have downloaded the software

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Great. Please run the installation then open the installed software so you can give me the "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

id: 344 922 684 Password: ve1q95