Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have a QL-500 label printer that has somehow broken the link

Customer Question

I have a QL-500 label printer that has somehow broken the link with my computer. I have tried re-loading the software but to no avail. The program appears to have been removed from the programme's list in my Control panel but when I try to re-load it gets as far as the printer and stops telling me correct driver not present for this printer. Any ideas for a fix?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Would you like me to set up a quick remote session (at no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with reinstalling the printer?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
All right, let's get started with the remote session now. Are you using Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox as your browser?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Firefox

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
All right, let's get started with the remote session. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=328c7522-6128-468a-adbd-a5c6e73797d3

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser.

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads (click on the down arrow button at the top-right in Firefox), and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you are unable to find the downloaded remote file after joining the session, no issues - just let me know. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your issue has now been resolved via the remote session.

You may just rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Rath,

I thank you for assisting me with my printer problem. I have rated you and if any problem arises where I need assistance I will come back to you.

Malcolm Hill