Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

C531dn showing 'Service Call. 980:ERROR. Please advise

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
The printer is permanently flashing (all 3 LEDs).
Message "fatal internal error" with the error code 980
Solution 1:
Error 980 means that the error by media clinging to the fuser and the fuser is required to be replaced.
Solution 2:
Take out the Fuser and lay the two blue levers flat and remove them.
Remove the two silver screws and separate the casing.
Remove the two black screws from the connector at the bottom of the fuser closest to the edge.
Unravel and loosen the wires so you can pull that connector out a few inches so you can get a couple of wires in there.
Insert a wire into each of the two holes on the back of that connector. 2 and 3 have wires going in, 4 and 5 dont which is the fuse. After you get the wires in the 2 holes, check for continuity from the end of the wires and the terminals if you can. Make sure the wires are long enough to hang out the case. Use the thinnest wires you can find.
Run the wires out of the case and put the case back together and put the fuser in. Twist the two wires together and power up the machine. As soon as you here the first motor, which is about 5 seconds, pull the wires apart, you just reset the fuser back to 100% and cleared the "980" Fatal Error.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Please also let me know how old is the unit