Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

How do I retrieve my hotmail accoun

Customer Question

How do I retrieve my hotmail accoun
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What happens when you try and log into the account at hotmail.com?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is telling me my password ***** *****
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to reset the password *****? If so what happened when you tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried, but I just end up going around in circles; if you get my drift.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
What is the address you need to get access to? Can you please retype the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
colinhughesAThotmail.co.uk. Your system is saying it is registered by someone else, but I have used you in the past; so it is me you are referring to
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I think you may just be confused. What was the last password ***** remember being able to use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Harrison101
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Do the following.

Click HERE

Enter your email address and password ***** the box on the top right and click sign in and let me know the exact error message you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Help us to protect your account. You need to use a security code to verify your identity. It then gives me different options to call on 1 number or text on two others. The third option is I don' t have any of these. (The problem is I am in an hotel in Fuerteventura away from home so I can't use the call or text options)
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so your password ***** ***** The issue is that it is detecting a log in from a strange location so it wants to confirm that you are who you say you are.

If you do not have access to any of the options to receive the code at the moment what you can is as follows.

Choose I don't have access to these.

Next enter a different email address that you do have access to.

You will then receive an email at that address. Click the link in the email and it will take you to a page where it will tell you that your account is locked.

This just means you cannot change your security information on the account for 30 days but you should be able to access the account once you go through the process.

After it tells you the account is locked access your mail by going directly to www.hotmail.com , if done correctly it should take you to your inbox.

If you cannot do that you will need to wait until you get home or call someone at home who can access the phone and have them tell you the code.

Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

Thank You

-Chris