Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I had to replace my Samsung Rv711 installed hard drive but

I had to replace my Samsung Rv711 installed hard drive but the people who did it didn't /couldn't put on the Samsung proprietary programmes so I no longer have access to Samsung Recovery, Driver & software updates etc. Please how can I retrieve them?
Thank You.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What did the tech who replaced the hard drive say?

Can you check at the back of the laptop for the full model, such as NP-RV711-A01UK?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He said that the hard drive was full of bad sectors & would need to be replaced. His fee was very good but it had basic Windows on with a few standard programmes. Full model number is ***** Serial Number HF9793BB900107P

Did he attempt to install the samsung recovery / software update programs? Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can download / install these for you directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think he would have the software, it is a well respected shop in my area but I din't think about this problem. If you can download & install remotely to me that would be fantastic but would it interfere with my docs, pics music etc & any other programmes I have downloaded?

No it won't interfere anything, so don't worry. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=896ac9a0-de80-4a34-aeca-999104490894

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Link for Samsung contact for getting the recovery disk:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV711-A03UK

Scroll down near the bottom for the email and phone contacts.

You can get back to me any time via this web page as needed. Thank you,