adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Moderator
74353250

I have lost the page/menu items along the top of my display

Customer Question

I have lost the page/menu items along the top of my display. How do I get them back?!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 1 year ago.
***** *****nell :

Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

off you go

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

are you still there?

***** *****nell :

hi, are you using the computer in question?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

yes

***** *****nell :

you lost your menubar? (at top, that says file,edit,view etc)

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

NO

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

no - the menu bar across the top of the web pages that shows the different headings

***** *****nell :

what is your browser? like internet explorer chrome etc

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

IE

***** *****nell :

you have lost this part?

***** *****nell :
Full Size Image
JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

no- in composing my web site I have a number of pages; under normal circumstances these appear across the top of the home page to allow me to navigate through the site; these headings have disappeared. I suspect that it is one of the Page settings that need changing but have had no success so far

***** *****nell :

is it happening in your own website?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

I am in process of setting up my own web site www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com and am managing to set up the pages and content but am flummoxed as to why the 'page' headings have disappeared!

***** *****nell :

it disappeared suddenly or it disappeared when you were trying to design your website?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Initially it appeared OK but somehow while editing the pages, it has disappeared?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry - I have to leave my PC for half an hour or so. Please let me know if you are able to help me and, if so, when you will be back in touch

***** *****nell :

when you come back please let me know

***** *****nell :

we can try again

***** *****nell :

we can try the "undo" feature to undo your last change

***** *****nell :

I will be here

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry - back now - have been having a closer look at the problems and I have a feeling that it is to do with the 'publish' option. The pages look OK when being compiled but when published, only the home page appears with no other pages indicated along the top. You can see the problem on www.XXXXXXX-XXX-XXX.com

***** *****nell :

checking

***** *****nell :

there is a setting " Show on all pages ' ."

***** *****nell :

it seems it is unchecked

***** *****nell :

is it unchecked? can you check it

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry

***** *****nell :

i am here

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry where is the setting? there does not appear to be any settings on the Publish tab?

***** *****nell :

where are you designing your website from exactly?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

wix.com

***** *****nell :

I am out of ideas. Let me opt out and open this question to other experts. If no expert opts in back we can continue.

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Good lunch?

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Hallooo

JACUSTOMER-e2v3at32- :

Jerry - moving away from PC now - when you are ready, ring me on XX XXXX XXX XXX or XX XXXX XXX XXXX

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Adam

As I think that it is to do with the Publish option in the Wix software, it might be an idea to ask them? There do not seem to be any settings in Publish to clear previous iterations?

I have checked the IE settings for any problem in cache clearing and it seems OK.

As far as I am concerned it is a problem and needs sorting - so any suggestions that you can make the better.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have now discovered that my problem is associated with the 'page link' function.

Not only do I not require any more help [sic] but, in view of the total lack of understanding of my problem and the [simple?] solution, I think that the £35 fee should be refunded.