s4sys
s4sys, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelors in computer science engineering & 3+ years experience in System\Network support
27774087

have a new kindle Paperwhite

Customer Question

I have a new kindle Paperwhite for which I have purchased 2 books. Now I cannot open itas it is asking me to enter my Passcode. I cannot recall entering a code and any likely ones I have used and had them rejected.
What do I do to get back on to the Home page
Category: Computer
Expert:  s4sys replied 1 year ago.
s4sys :

Hi Thanks for using Justanswer.com

s4sys :

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 20 seconds. After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. ...

2. After the 20 seconds, release the Power button.

s4sys :

this will be reset the kindle,and you can bypass the password.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

That seems to have worked.

s4sys :

ok.If this information is helpful don't forget to rate this answer now

s4sys :

are you there ?

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

How can I find out what my Password ***** ***** to be. As I said before, I have no record of having registered a Password.

s4sys :

is that working now ..

s4sys :

you can't find the old password ***** you can just reset the device.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

As we speak the request has come back for the Pass word. I apologise for the delay but i had a phone call which I had to answer.

s4sys :

ok

s4sys :

Now again its asking for the password ?

s4sys :

To request a password *****:

1. Go to Forgot Your Password.

2. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps.

If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us.

3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. You new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.

s4sys :

Check the link below

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

I finally got on to the Amazon page and am now awaiting their new password

s4sys :

ok.

s4sys :

If this information is helpful don't forget to rate this answer now.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

I want to make sure that My problem has been resolved, though I am sure you have put me on the right track

s4sys :

ok

s4sys :

Check on the spam folder , whether you received the mail

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

Not arrived yet in either folder

s4sys :

ok..wait some more time.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

Very frustrating. Nothing arrived yet

s4sys :

Please try one more time.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

Still waiting

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

7.20pm Still awaiting the Amazon reply

s4sys :

Have you done the reset options , please do that

s4sys :

1. Tap the passcode field to bring up the onscreen keyboard.

2. Type###-##-#### ***** then tap OK.

Reset Your Kindle Paperwhite

Reset your Kindle Paperwhite if you forgot your Kindle password ***** need to regain access.

• Reset your device only if you want to remove all content downloaded to the device and register the device again.

• If you have any content that is not saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud, be sure to transfer that content from your device to your computer via USB. For more information, go to Transfer from a Computer to Your Kindle Paperwhite.

You can't reset your Kindle Paperwhite if Parental Controls are set. If you forget your password, reset your Kindle by entering "111222777" as the Parental Controls password.

Important: Resetting your Kindle will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content that is already saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again.
s4sys :

1. From Home, tap the Menu menu icon
icon, and then tap Settings.

2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device. Your device will power off and power back on.

To use your Kindle Paperwhite again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle Paperwhite.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

i regret that the Amazon email did not reach me and I have therefore not been able to reset my Kindle.

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

I regret that the Amazon email has still not reached me and I therefore have not been able to reset my Kindle. I am going to be out for most of the day and therefore I wish to bring this request to a halt and would ask you not to charge the fee which we agreed at the beginning. Your service was not bad and I regret having to indicate Poor Service

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- : I am home again.
JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- : I am home again
JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- : I am home again. If you can find other ways of reactivating my Kindle.I would like to hear of them
s4sys :

None of the other ways to reset the device , you have to contact amzon itself to get repaired.

s4sys :

please check the above link

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

I have sent several messages to you but no apparent answers.

s4sys :

please let me know that have you rested the device?

s4sys :

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 20 seconds. After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal.

s4sys :

Please check this link also to reset kindle..

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

The kindle still not working. The problem I think lies with Amazon. I signed up for 7 days free trial to be followed by a monthly subscription. I do not now wish to continue with this and I would like my £28 refunded. Can you process this please.

s4sys :

Please try those steps will solve your issue.

s4sys :

Also check the above link how to reset kindle.

s4sys :

If that doesn't work I will request for refund .

s4sys :

s4sys :

are you there ?

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

Please let me know if you are on the line. I keep replying without apparent response

s4sys :

i am online only

s4sys :

please do the reset options that will work

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :

Good. I do not think you have yourselves let me down but I cannot get a response from Amazon. I now wish to terminate this and would like to withdraw from the free trial and subsequent monthly subscription. Also have my £28 back

s4sys :

ok

JACUSTOMER-vnc7l1fu- :