Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My wife has a SGH - J700 mobile phone and wishes to down load

Customer Question

My wife has a SGH - J700 mobile phone and wishes to down load quite a lot of texts, my computer is on windows 8.1. could you point me in the correct direction and offer advise on what software I require please.
Faithfully
Peter Ladlow
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

Please confirm is it Samsung SGH-J700

Michelle :

If its Samsung then you can download and install KIES which is a unique software for Samsung cell phones.

Michelle :

Kies is a lot of things. It's a way to sync and backup your contacts and device data, it's a front end for transferring media like music and video between your computer and your phone, and as you've noticed, it's a method to update the device firmware on Samsung phones. Using it is pretty easy.

Michelle :

Download and install kies from the below link and let me know if you find any problem following the steps

JACUSTOMER-l9onxl1k- :

Sorry Michelle,

JACUSTOMER-l9onxl1k- :

Sorry Michelle, No matter what I do Kies will not download correctly. The program seems to be just what we are looking for as its text messages that were sent to use when our Granddaughter was dying from a brain tumor and the mobile will need replacing before much longer.

Michelle :

let me know when you are online i will remote access and will install the Kies for you.