Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

My 3rd Kindle (the one before the Paperwhite) will not start

My 3rd Kindle (the one before the Paperwhite) will not start up. The problem began yesterday evening so I charged it up, now fully charged it will not turn on at all. Help please - I rely on my handbag sized Kindle! (Fire HDX too big for bag)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK will give it a go. I tried the press and hold reset option before I came on line. Unfortunately my touch pad decided to pack up as well on the laptop and a trip to the loft essential to find a mouse. I now have to go out - can I download your response to try later? I have not tried the usual save as option as yet, all help welcome'

Lucy

Hi Lucy,
Thank you for your reply.
No problem, take your time. Try all suggestions and let me know the result. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Beside copy/paste option (to copy my answer and paste it to any documents file), you can bookmark this page and open it later. Our conversation is also sent to your email.
Please don't hesitate to ask for more help if needed. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for excellent service, I have copy/pasted onto a Word doc and will try remedies you suggest tomorrow.

You're very welcome Lucy. I'm glad if I could help.
No rush, take your time. Your question will be open in the next 7 days. Please don't hesitate to contact me for more help/information if needed.
Have a nice day,
Todd