Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

I have forgot my pass word archos 80 cobalt and I can't

I have forgot my pass word for my archos 80 cobalt and I can't get in to sort it can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

The only way to unlock you Tab will be to perform procedure that will delete security password, but that procedure will also delete all data from internal Tab memory. Memory card will not be affected (pictures, videos, music are by default stored on memory card).
Will that be OK?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that will be ok sir
Hi Craig,
Thank you for you reply.
To unlock your Tab you will have to perform procedure known as hard reset. Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn off you Tab and wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold the "Power button" until the device powers on, wait 10 seconds then press and hold the "Volume Up" button while still holding Power button.
3. Release Power button, but keep "Volume Up" pressed until a white screen and 'Recovery mode' starts.
4. Use the volume keys to scroll to "format system" and press the "Power button" to select it.
5. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press "Power button" to select it.
6. Your device will now reset and restore. Your Google account (if you registered Google account on your device) information will have been saved and you'll simply need to sign in when the device starts up.
Please note that this procedure require some practice.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't get that to work cause it just keep going off
Craig,
It's tricky procedure, so please try it again.
There are two more ways to enter Recovery menu on the Tab.
1. Press and hold both Power and Volume UP at the same time.
2. Press Power button until the device powers on. As soon as Tab powers on, press and hold Volume UP button until Recovery menu appears.
If that doesn't help please try to enter the Recovery menu using Power and Volume DOWN button.
Please let me know the result. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am ready to throw it out the window
Craig,
When did you purchase your Tab?
If none of the previous solutions works the next procedure will be to flash the software on your Tab. That procedure is much complicated, so before we start I need to know if you Tab is still under warranty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I bought it about 2 years ago
Unfortunately, your Tab is out of warranty. Flashing the software is the next procedure. Please give me some time to provide you with the step by step procedure (max 5 minutes).
1. You will have to download 2 files on your computer
Flashtool.zip File A
Update.img File B
2. Once the download is finished, do a right click with your mouse on the Flashtool file then select “Extract” and follow the onscreen instructions for your unzipping tool. You will now see one folder named “Drivers” and one program named “Tools”.
3. Open the “Drivers” folder, double-click on DriverInstall then on “Install Driver”. Depending on the settings of your operating system, you might have to confirm several times the installation. The installation could take several minutes, this is normal. Press OK once the pop-up shown below is displayed then close the software (cross on the top right of the window). Reboot your computer if asked.
4. Still on your computer, go back to the folder containing the file Tools and double-click it. Depending on the settings of your operating system, you might have to confirm.
5. Plug the USB cable into the PC (do not plug into the tablet yet).
The tablet must turned off (push the reset button if available or the power button for 10 secs). Press & hold Volume - then plug the USB lead into the tablet. Do not release the Volume - button before the Step “f”.
The computer will automatically detect your unit and install the drivers for the first time. Please wait until the next step. Your device will enter in “Flashing” mode, the grey square in the flashing tool should turn green. The Volume button can now be released.
6. Press on the File button and browse to where you downloaded the firmware file named update.img. A message will be displayed once the firmware is loaded and the device is ready to be restored.
7. The green square will start blinking yellow, information about the current process step will be displayed. Once the restore has finished, a message on a green background will be displayed, your device will automatically reboot by itself. This first boot could take up to 20 minutes, it’s perfectly normal.
If you have any difficulties please don't hesitate to let me know.
If you don't feel comfortable to perform the procedure above you can contact Archos directly at 0208 822 36 36 (National call cost). They usually charge small fee for flashing devices.
Regards,
Todd