Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have just tried to log onto my yahoo mail and it states that

Customer Question

I have just tried to log onto my yahoo mail and it states that my connection is not private Attackers might try and steal information....HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

In most cases this message simply means that some pieces of the page that is being loaded are not using SSL which is secure. For example, when you enter your log in information that will be secure however there could be an advertisment also on the page which is not using SSL which is a secure connection.

Just make sure you are logging in on the correct page which is
https://mail.yahoo.com

Notice the the S at the end of http, that means you are secure. You can still receive a message saying that the connection is not secure but like I said it is because there are other pieces of the page that are loaded not using HTTPS and your web browser is alerting you to this.

It is nothing to worry about. Log in using the link I gave you above and you will be fine.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply and let me know.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just logged on via that link and it is doing the same thing. Can you log on remotely to see what is happening

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I can but there I will need to charge extra because remote takes more time. I know what is happening though. Your web browser is telling you that aspects of the page are not secure, this is not really a problem. It is just that the advertisments are not on a secure connection.

It does not mean that someone can steal your information.

But of course if you would like to remote in and confirm this for you I will, just accept the offer and I will connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's fine. I don't want to pay the extra charge as yet

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
No problem. As I said though, it is nothing to worry about, it is just your web browser letting you know that some parts of the page that are loaded are not secure but as for your log in information and email that is protected with SSL. It is just that yahoo runs ads and other bits of the page that are not using SSL but nothing to be concerned about.
Thanks,
Chris