Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have taken 1 laptop back because alldownloaded videos

Customer Question

Hi I have taken 1 laptop back because alldownloaded videos were just having a green screen. disappointed because I
stayed with Toshiba as I thought it would be a 1 off, well this one is doing the same. I am always having to restart the laptop for any downloaded videos to work. Also the keys are getting stuck and it comes up with a notice saying press shift key 5 times, hasten to add it takes more than 5 times. just wondering if there is some thing wrong with this particular make. thankyou m.cully
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The model is pretty good, meaning there are no common issues that everyone is receiving on this model.
The Shift key issue sounds as though the shift key is getting stuck and this enables sticky keys which is the message you are getting. This is a hardware issue on the keyboard itself.
The green screen appears to be an issue with the video card as this is a common symptom. This is also a hardware problem. When you returned the laptop, what was replaced or done to it?