cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Mine's a kindle question. I have a kindle which my daughter

Mine's a kindle question.
I have a kindle which my daughter bought me 2 yrs ago when visiting the UK.
Some free stuff got downloaded at the time to start me off... but regretfully I didn't take much notice of how to work the kindle or download (and I haven't used it for the past 12 mths) and anyway I live in Greece so can't access UK kindle books.
Now somebody has sent me a (free) ebook (Amazon.com) they wrote and to simplify matters - they thought - they sent in '.mobi' form.
I googled and printed out the 'Ask Leo' instructions (American) and it all seemed very clear. He said 'email the '.mobi' file as an attachment to the email address associated with your kindle. To find the email address of your kindle, login to your amazon acct and visit the Manage Your content & Devices (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) page.' Problem is, I am not registered with Amazon.com but with Amazon.co.uk so this instruction doesn't quite apply. Perhaps I'm not activated with my Amazon.co.uk account?
Thing is I live in Greece which complicates things.... I cannot get kindle books from the Amazon.co.uk (tho I believe I can from the Amazon.com)
What do I do to download this mobi file.... (she thought it simplified things by not sending me the Amazon version).
Sorry - long explanation and question....
DD
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Should be same instructions but you will have to go here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/. Once you log into there then you can go to Your Account (top right hand corner), then go down to Manage your content and devices. You should see your kindle under there (if not you need to register it under the UK account link that I just sent). Then you can still do the mobi email attachment that you registered for your kindle.

Customer:

this is the message that popped up:

Customer:

The Kindle Store at Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only.

Not from the UK? Please visit the Amazon.com Kindle Store to shop for digital content available for your country.

Have you moved recently? You may change your country on the Manage Your Content and Devices page.

Your digital account is currently registered at Amazon.com. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page at Amazon.com.

Customer:

So I went to Amazon.com (because I live in Greece and Amazon.co.uk only deals with UK residents)

Customer:

and registered with them. Tell you the truth - I don't really know what I'm doing! I've now registered on Amazon.com as Di Drymoussis with email *****@******.*** and I suppose that'll be my kindle account?

Customer:

However, I use Amazon.co.uk to order paperbacks and other stuff as I pay for that out of my UK bank account.

Customer:

SO - i've clicked on your devices and it's supposed to show my kindle and beneath it my email address (*****@******.***) but it doesn't. Until I do that then I can't 'authorise the sender for which it says click on the SETTINGS tab and scroll downto SEND TO KINDLE EMAIL SETTINGS portion of the page - then scroll down to APPROVED PERSONAL DOCUMENT EMAIL LIST and I am supposed to send the doc from one of the email addresses in order for it tobe accepted. Once I send the mobi file to my kindle it should be delivered in teh same way purchased books are delivered AND will also be placed in the kindle library. My kindle must be online in order to receive the download... But how do I get it online?

cvd4311 :

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to answer you but I had to run into work today.

cvd4311 :

when you registered on the amazon.com site (not the uk site) did you see your device? Do you see it when you log into your UK amazon? If you see it on the regular american amazon.com you need to deregister it and then go to the uk amazon and register it there then it should show up so that yo can go to the settings take and authorize your sender and send to kindle email.

Customer:

To be honest I've lost track now of what I did.... because I had to leave the problem and deal with other things.

Customer:

I will get somebody here to sort me out.... it will be easier I think. Living in Greece complicates things.

Customer:

thankyou for your reponse and sorry I didn't get back to you earlier - I was hoping to have another go at things today but other things took over and I have no free time again until the weekend... never mind. you did your best.

cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience: I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.