Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Philips PC monitor 272P4 new out of the box. When I plug in

Customer Question

Philips PC monitor 272P4 new out of the box. When I plug in the supplied power cord and switch on, nothing happens. No LED light. Tried different power cord that I know works, and different power outlet. Same result. Philips replaced the monitor. The new one arrived this morning. Brand new, fresh out of the box - but same problem. Plug it in to the power outlet, switch it on, nothing happens. Am I missing something? It seems odd that a respected maker like Phlips should supply two faulty monitors with the same fault? JM

Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

The odds of that happening twice are very slim but you have tried a different power cord and a different outlet. Try holding down the off button seconds and see if it will come on. You have tried all of the troubleshooting facts to see what would be wrong. It does seem that you have gotten a 2nd defective monitor.

This is Phillips troubleshooting fact monitor:

Make sure the power cord is plugged into
the power outlet and into the back of the
monitor.
‡ First, ensure that the power button on the
front of the monitor is in the OFF position,
then press it to the ON position.

Customer:

So the next step would be to call Phillips back and let them know you have the same problem with this monitor as you did with the first one.

JACUSTOMER-fkp1gwul- :

Thanks , but there is no power button on the front of the monitor...

Customer:

Do you see a power button anywhere? There has to be one on there or you would just have to unplug it and that could mess up your monitor.

Customer:

right hand side of monitor maybe?

Customer:

A secondary rocker-type power switch is located behind the right-hand side of the monitor.

JACUSTOMER-fkp1gwul- :

Yes there's a rocker switch on the side. This is not the secondary switch but the primary one. As I've said, you switch it on - no effect. You switch it off - no effect. According to the manual, there is also an OSD system to control the monitor, but of course I can't access this since I can't power up the monitor if the primary switch doesn't have any effect....

Customer:

You are correct, you have to switch on to get to the osd system. OKay it sounds like reason or another they have sent you another defective monitor. At this point I think Phillips needs to be called again and have them to send you another shipping form to ship back to them new monitor.

Customer:

May I ask why you rated poor service when I have offered all of the above and nothing was available except to get a hold of Phillips again?

Customer:

Good morning. Has the issue been resolved?

JACUSTOMER-fkp1gwul- :

I gave my rating because it seemed to me you essentially just repeated back to me things I had told you, and your initial suggestion the fault showed you had not understood the information in my initial question. I hope that helps understand why I rated the way I did.

Customer:

Everything that I researched either pointed out what you already had done or powering down and then powering back up. So it does seem to be a faulty monitor again.