Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an HP Color Laser Jet CM2320fxi MFP. I cannot scan anything

I have an HP Color Laser Jet CM2320fxi MFP. I cannot scan anything because the screen says that there is a paper jam at the top. I have checked everything with a flashlight and cannot see a paper jam at the top or anywhere else for that matter. Would you please advise as to what I can do to get the scanner working again. Alternatively, perhaps you can tell me how to set the printer to scan from the glass, so that I do not have to use the document feeder to scan. Regards. Geoff Fox.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

please let me know if you get any error code as well along with the error message

Customer:

Michelle - there is no number on the screen - it just says "Document feeder jam. Clear and reload.". Regards. Geoff.

Michelle :

do you have windows or macoson your computer

Customer:

I have windows.

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

have you tried scanning from the computer

Michelle :

place a document on the scanner glass

Michelle :

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.

Michelle :

in the window that opens you will get a scan button to click on on bottom left

Michelle :

click on it and scanner should initiate scanning

Customer:

I don't know how to scan from the computer.

Michelle :

try the steps i just listed above

Michelle :

let me know if you are able to scan

Customer:

Windows scanning was not working, so the technician set the hp printer up so that I scanned from the feeder tray at the top of the printer. That went straight to email so that I could then forward the document to a typist.

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

if i understand you have checked all possible places for a jam

Michelle :

is that correct

Customer:

Yes, the back of the printer and the feeder trays and all the papers being scanned came out intact.

Michelle :

turn off printer and unplug power cord

Michelle :

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

Michelle :

wait for 2 mins

Michelle :

plug in power cord and turn on

Michelle :

now check if you get the same error

Customer:

ok, Michelle, I have done this before without success, but I have just done it again. Should I plug it back in again?

Michelle :

yes

Michelle :

also let me know that if you try to print something, does it print or gives the same paper jam message

Customer:

Michelle - the same message has just come up. I can print just fine. Regards. Geoff.

Michelle :

ok..give me a moment

Michelle :

i am just checking

Michelle :

please let me know that do you get this paper jam error on the printer or on the computer

Customer:

The paper jam error comes up on the screen for the printer and not on the computer.

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

click start..programs...do you see any program by the name of solution center

Customer:

No, I looked at all programmes and none said solution center.

Michelle :

ok...

Michelle :

can i remote access and check the settings on your computer

Customer:

Yes.

Michelle :

ok...please open the below websit

Michelle :

website

Michelle :

www.teamviewer.com

Michelle :

in the page that opens click on start full version

Michelle :

save and run the file

Michelle :

once the teamviewer window opens let me know the id and password ***** left side

Customer:

Michelle, when I click on the above website, nothing happens. Should I go to the Internet?

Michelle :

click here

Customer:

Michelle id is ********* and password ***** *****

Michelle :

can you type the numbers for the id again please

Customer:

Id is 394 868 825

Michelle :

thanks

Michelle :

let me connect

Michelle :

i am connectec

Michelle :

it seems i got disconnected from remote

Michelle :

all settings of printer are fine..it seems to be a sensor issue or an internal jam...

Michelle :

i would suggest to get the unit serviced as its not software setting issue

Customer:

Michelle - ok, we will stop now. Regards. Geoff.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors