Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  5 yrs of experience as Technical lead/Software Engineer/ Research Engineer
16249036

So i had my toshiba quosmio X870 14M mother board changed because

So i had my toshiba quosmio X870 14M mother board changed because it was black screening and wouldnt restore when i was playing games. Now 4 days later the same thing is happening but when i restart my laptop its just fine. A bit laggy on the start up but after 30 mins of gameplay the screen goes black but i can still hear the game on the background and i can still talk to my teammates via teamspeak. I dont know whats going on really. My laptop doesnt blow hot air out of it anymore so i guess its not overheat. My laptop is still runing but the screen is just black and when i connected an external monitor for one time and then pulled the cable of the external monitor off my laptop the screen on the laptop worked perfectly. Seriously i dont know whats going on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. I am sorry that you are having a problem and I will be more than glad to help you to the best of my ability. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its been for 2 months now since it firstly happened

I see and if you don't mind me asking have you tried restoring the machine taking it back time 2 months back to a date you know for a fact everything was working correctly to see if this is a software related problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they aready did that in toshiba but it didnt work

Ok so they did replace the motherboard did they ever check the CPU and memory by chance? Also has this machine ever been backed up and factory reset?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i assume they checked and it was restored but still it happens

Expert:  Wiz of All replied 2 years ago.

I think the problem is in your graphics card.Run the following utility.Its going to diagnose your graphic card for any problem.
GPU Caps Viewer 1.22.0.

When its downloaded, go to GPU tab,at the end there is an option of OpenCL demos,click it ang select CL GPU-1M particles.Adjust width/height to full screen.Run some others if you like; just play with it.
I say its a must for enthusiasts but be careful with it,it may overclock your card ;)

Download another utility: GPU-Z.Then go to sensors tab.

Now run both these utilities TOGETHER.If you think there is any kind of lag or some reading which shouldn't be there then I believe your graphic card is giving you that black screen.You would need to get it fixed or get a replacement.

Cheers

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it has no lag, both work perfectly but it says on the GPU-Z it says my GPU load is 99%

99% GPU load when you're running the demo, right?
Moreover,have you installed more than one graphic card?

Go to any computer wizard who has complete knowledge of overclocking and ask him to CAREFULLY set your card speed (GPU memory clock and GPU core clock )to run at reference speeds.

If this doesn't help then I think its a problem with your PSU which is not giving your card/ or other components proper current.

The black screen usually occurs

1)when your PSU is not working properly and needs a replacement.

2)Graphic card is broken.

3)Could be anything else.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it is 99% when i run the demo and no i have one graphics card which is an nvidia geforce gtx 670m

Hmmm..Do what I told you in my above post.If it still gives you the black sreen then the problem lies elsewhere. :(

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from what u told me to download nothing lagged and this laptop had its mother board changed some days ago

I told you to go to any computer wizard who has complete knowledge of overclocking and ask him to CAREFULLY set your card speed (GPU memory clock and GPU core clock )to run at reference speeds.I think that is causing the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

I really hope that black screen goes away as I know the torment one has to go through.I have been there :)
Any update? :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello

no nothing

Well, keep me updated. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

probably with my 5 year no matter what guarantee i ll ask to replace it if i can :)

Do your best to replace anything you could under the warranty.
Are you sure setting the clock speeds to reference speed didn't work?Something should have happened with your graphics after that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont know if it is weird or something but you told me to download the GPU Z program and everytime i play a game if i open it up along with the game the game doesnt close down nor the pc shuts

Not wierd.
If two programs are associated with one another then closing one of them might restrict its own end.
I really hope that this issue of yours goes away after what I told you to do,above.
If you feel I helped you in any way,then please accept my answer,rate it(Good) so that I get paid for my services.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you

but i cant press the accept button for some reason i have the tab only reply to expert lol

Expert:  Wiz of All replied 1 year ago.

Click rate answer.

Thank you :)

Expert:  Wiz of All replied 1 year ago.
Please extend the time of the question and then click rate answer.
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: 5 yrs of experience as Technical lead/Software Engineer/ Research Engineer