Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

The problem is in a brother AX-25 typewriter. Everything seems

Customer Question

The problem is in a brother AX-25 typewriter. Everything seems to work as it should, except for the hammer that strikes the daisy-wheel, which has ceased to respond when keys are struck. Advice, please!
Ed G.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you check if the ribbon cartridge is empty..These are usually a one time ribbon...and has to be replaced when empty else it will not type.
2nd, make sure the cartridge is snapped in properly and seated, and also the printwheel lever must be snapped (pushed forward) in order for everything to be aligned. if the typewriter has a correction tape (white or clear) make sure it is not interfering with the ribbon.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for those suggestions. all is in order but the hammer still doesn't work. Have you any other suggestions?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the issue.
Unfortunately, the hammer armature has failed (the device that drives the hammer).
You will need to take it into a store so that this can be replaced. If it is under warranty still, this will be done at no charge, else obtain an offer first to see the costs of the part and having it replaced (costs differ per region). You will then need to see if the costs exceed purchasing a new typewriter.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.