cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I own a Kindle original device books. I read a

I own a Kindle original device for reading books. I read a book and then deleted it at the last page. I then wanted to go into another author and select another book. However, every time I tried to select a book a box came on the screen saying "There is not enough Kindle memory to open this selected item. Please make more Kindle memory available by removing contents from home". We have deleted about 10 books and tried the reset function, but this has not cured the problem.
Any advice what to do nexyt?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

You have to remove the books from your amazon.com account or it will still show that you dont' have enough memory in your kindle. I had to delete mine off of carousel for the kindle and delete it from my amazon.com account to free up enough space to download new books.

cvd4311 :

If you are trying to download a large book then it will not download but maybe 2 pages.

cvd4311 :

make sure you back up your kindle to your icloud account before deleting so that if you want the book back you can redownload it.

cvd4311 :

All books are not the same size so 10 books might not be enough memory still. so depending on how many books you have on there you have to keep going. if you don't want the books anymore delete them from your amazon.com account also. once again back up on your icloud.

Customer:

I am not trying to download any new books. The books are already there and have been for a

Customer:

long time. I just want to open an existing book.

cvd4311 :

I see what you are saying, have you synced your kindle up to your computer lately?

Customer:

No. Just tried the Sync & Check for items on the Kindle, but didn't do anything. Just took me back to

Customer:

home page.

cvd4311 :

okay so it still wants you to delete books even though you have not downloaded any.

Customer:

Yes

cvd4311 :

okay you will still have to delete more books then the original 10 that you have deleted. since it will not sync and still takes you back to the home page then it is still to full of memory to do anything.

cvd4311 :

how many books do you have on your kindle?

cvd4311 :

depending on size you will have to delete at least 25 to 50 more depending on how many you have store on it. memory is ram so if you have 4 or 8 gb of ram then your kindle doesn't have enough memory for you to open your books if they are very large.

cvd4311 :

usually the original kindle can hold about 1500 books but if there are some large ones in there of course it will not be able to hold that many especially if some are pdf and some have pictures.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Had to switch to Q&A because time was running out.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Just checking to see if you have gotten my reply above about running out of time and having to switch to Q&A. Please delete more books (depending on how many you have stored on your kindle it would have to be between 25 to 50 or more if you are in the hundreds).