Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

I bought a second hand jvc television and it was tuned in for

I bought a second hand jvc television and it was tuned in and 2 but not the rest of the stations when I press menu up it comes up in italion I cant get back to basics
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page so you can return here if we get disconnected. What is the model number of the TV?

Customer:

lt19ck8zj

Customer:

have you got an answer

Wes :

I need to look up some information on that model.

Customer:

ok

Wes :

I can't get anything to show up, are you sure you have the model number correct?

Wes :

okay here we go

Wes :

does this TV have a built in DVD player?

Customer:

LT-19DK8ZJ

Wes :

does it have a built-in DVD player?

Wes :

I can find the LT-19s but I need more info to find the right sub-model

Customer:

NO

Wes :

I think we can reset the TV back to factory defaults, that should let you choose a different language, then you can re-set the tuner

Customer:

ok

Wes :

ok here is the tuning manual in english: http://www.hughes.co.uk/static/retune/JVC-LT19DK8ZJ.pdf

Customer:

is that all I need to know?

Wes :

Are the TV's on-screen menus in Italian? If so, let me see if I can find a way to change that

Customer:

yes

Wes :

Okay, does the remote have a Menu button?

Customer:

yes

Wes :

let me see if I can find a manual similar set, because the full manual simply isn't out there anywhere

Wes :

If I can find something that shows the menus I can either send it to you or talk you through where to find the factory reset option or where to change the menu language

Customer:

as I say when I press menu italion comes up.

Wes :

If I was there in person I could probably figure it out pretty easily, but since I can't see the menus, I'll need a reference

Customer:

I know its so frustating

Wes :

All I can ask is please be patient as I look to help us

Customer:

at the top of the remote onthe right side I have a choice of vcr tv dvd but there is nowhere dvd to go if thats any help

Wes :

if you hit the menu button do you see configurazione

Wes :

I think we're just going to have to try to muddle through figuring it out in italian

Wes :

A HA! I think I've found it

Customer:

all I see is the picture under the menu screenwhen I say menu screen what comes up is w hich I can understand arecontrast and colour so that does'nt bring up the tunening

Wes :

okay, look at page 25. Looks like you go to the hammer and wrench icon...

Wes :

then select DTV menu (or whatever it's italian pronunciation is), then you should see Configurazione, or something...

Wes :

page 30 shows the layout of the user settings menu, the first item is the menu language.

Wes :

Page 29 shows the configuration menu, user settings is the second selection

Customer:

Ive had to write that all down as I don't know how to save pages so here's hopeing

Wes :

if you click your middle mouse button (wheel might be a wheel if you have one on your mouse) on that link above it should open the manual in a different tab in your web browser

Wes :

then you can switch between it and this page by simply clicking on the tab

Customer:

I'm working on a laptop

Wes :

okay you can also right click on the link and you should see open in new tab

Wes :

anyway, you should be able to hit the menu button, then using the arrows on the remote, go down to the hammer and wrench icon, hit the enter button on the remote. Then you should go down to the second menu item... which will probably start with "Config" (regardless of the language), hit enter on that one. Then you should go to the second menu item in the next menu which might be "impostazioni utente"

Wes :

Then the first menu item should be "lingua del menu" the menu language... going left or right should change it. Select english and hit the enter button.

Wes :

It looks like you may have disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can. Bear in mind that I am located in the United States (Central Time) and if you are in a different time zone, that may affect response times and availability.

Customer:

the enter button {ok button} does'nt seem to be working the hammer and wrench sign says colore which I presume means colour

Customer:

i believe I have accidently got to the auto tuning yes its all working now Idon't know what button I pressed but it was only the one . THANKS ANYWAY.

Customer:

it was the dtv sign Ifound

Wes :

okay so you're all set up and going?

Customer:

yes great although it was only bedroom but why have a television if its not working,

Wes :

Have you looked through the manual?

Customer:

no I did'.nt but I've got it all written down the hppt thing in case I need it in future hopefully not

Wes :

I think you should click on this link: and save it or print it out. It's the manual TV in english:

http://uk.jvc-service.net/webtemp/4J0AE01011_EN.pdf?CFID=15791261&CFTOKEN=37882469

My point is that you should be able to piece together how to get the language changed... then it's just a matter of

Wes :

following the tuning instructions if you ever need to retune it

Wes :

Anyway, does this mean your question has been answered?

Customer:

yes thankyou

Wes :

okay, could you please click on a smiley face before you go?

Customer:

i'm going to give you an excellent smiley face because you have told me all I needed to know

Wes :

Okay I appreciate that, make sure you hang on to that link and feel free to stop back if you ever have another question