Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

New purchases not downloaded and Kindle Store page not ava

Customer Question

New purchases not downloaded and Kindle Store page not available
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging ). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes Kindle to reboot.
Another solution kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button 45 seconds).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of these have worked. We had to change the BT password ***** would that have caused the problem?

Valerie,
Thank you reply.
Yes, that can be one of the problem. Let's try the next troubleshooting step. Open the list of available wifi networks (Menu > Wi-Fi). Find your network on the list and select it (tap on it or press and hold it). Pop-up should appear, select "Forget" or "Forget network". When done, reboot your Kindle, open the list of available networks, find your network and try to connect your Kindle using your new wifi password.
When you connect your Kindle, sync it (Meny > Sync or "Sync & Check ).
Please let me know the result. I'll be waiting reply and happy to help with questions.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no luck I'm afraid even with the new password. I've run out of time to spend on this so will try again another time. Thank you help.

You're welcome Valerie.

No rush, take your time. Your question will be open in the next 7 days.

If the previous solutions doesn't help, the next one will be factory reset. Don't worry, none of your books will be lost. Can you please provide me with the model of your Kindle (Fire, Fire HD, Paperwhite etc.), so I can provide you with the step by step instruction?

Thanks,

Todd