Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

unable play content protected by digital right manag

unable play content protected by digital right management
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you provide a little more information please?
What content are you referring to?
Where did it come from and what are you trying to play it on?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I bought the television from tesco. When I record telly programmes from the night before i can save them on the use port and then watch them the next day. But this is broken now and it won't play the programmes it just says unable to play content protected by the digital rights management.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it appears the TV shows you are watching have had protection enabled now which stops them from being recorded.
Which programs were there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Every programme i record say on it unable to play

content protected

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the device that your using to record please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a Samsung smart TV 3d 48 inches long

. The seris 6240

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will need to reset the TV
This will return it to new so you will need to record a program again
To do this, please do the following
Select Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. The Security PIN entry window appears on the screen.
Enter the Security PIN and then select Yes. All settings are then reset.
The TV turns off and on again automatically, and then displays the Setup screen.
Complete the Setup, record a program and tell me please if you can now view it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My is still not working right when you said about the rest My television I did that and it was recording progames.

The next day it was broken I did your rest then the next day it was broken again. Unable to play content protected by digital rights management

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Daniel
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This is why it keeps braking
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry