Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

My Toshiba windows 8 laptop won't turn on or off there is

My Toshiba windows 8 laptop won't turn on or off there is a red light on whether its pluged in or not. Its been like this for over a week. Please note its not the machine I'm using.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

Before we begin, I would like to make sure you understand that some product-related problems are not "fixable" and the appropriate answer may include directing you to an authorized service center product. If you reached our site by mistake, or if I am not able to help you, you can request a refund at http://www.justanswer.com/refund or by e-mailing***@******.***

Wes :

If the system has a removable battery, remove it, unplug the power adapter, then press and hold the power button seconds. Re-install the battery and attempt to start the computer. If it does not start, plug the power adapter in and try again. If it doesn't turn on, try removing the battery again but leave the power adapter plugged in and try to turn it on one last time. If all of the above fail, the system has experienced a hardware failure which will need to be repaired by an authorized Toshiba service center.

Wes :

I realize this may not have been the outcome you are looking for, but if the information I have provided is useful to you, please click on a smiley face. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate, you can request a refund by visiting this page: http://www.justanswer.com/refund/ or you can e-mail***@******.***

Wes :

It looks like you may have disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can. Bear in mind that I am located in the United States (Central Time) and if you are in a different time zone, that may affect response times and availability.