Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have BT NetProtect But I Can't activate the program to initialise

I have BT NetProtect But I Can't activate the program to initialise a scan what can I do to correct this
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Exactly when does the problem occur? On downloading, or when you try to install it?
And which internet browser are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a windows7 program which has the BT Netprotect down loaded on to it .normally I just start the program and it brings up a panel to allow me to see all is well and to initiate a scan. this program does not now work and I can not find reason why.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jack
When did it last work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as I can remember my last scan was about a week ago and I did not feel the need to use it very often.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jack.
It looks to be a system corruption so I want to do a restore of the computer please.
To do this, close all programs.
Click start, type in
system restore
press enter
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a restore choosing a restore date when this last worked (so over a week ago).
Once complete, activate the program and tell me if it now works please.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can not down load and run the program I suspect there might be a virus in the computer as all I get is a n attempt to bring up another office program of word.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will do the instructions step by step
First, click start, type in
system restore
press enter
This will show you the restore window
Tell me when you see it please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I try to type in system restore the computer brings up a another program of windows office word . I had previously tried to do a system restore and I could not bring up the site I think it will need attention and cleaning to get rid of the virus . thanks for trying but I think we are just wasting time.