Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

i think i have a problem with my iPhoto permissions. i am unable

Customer Question

i think i have a problem with my iPhoto permissions. i am unable to open and use iPhoto. I'm not sure how i came to be here but was setting up my apple tv at the time all went wrong
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What happens when you try to open iPhoto?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I receive this message -:

To open your library with this version of iPhoto, it first needs to be prepared.

To prepare the library, use the iPhoto Library Upgrader available from Apple.

Ive tried this and it makes no difference to the situation. the same message appears every time i try to open iPhoto. i believe i don't have the permission (even though I'm the administrator) to open iPhoto.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It would complain about permissions Colin, if this was the problem.
Can you hold down the "Option" key and double clicked the iPhoto icon. It will bring up a dialogue box. Choose the "Choose" button and it should then open.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4 3 3 8 7 0 1 2 3

5 3 9 2

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It says the program is closed.
Please open it again, leave it open and give me the new password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Third time lucky

4 3 3 8 7 0 1 2 3

8 3 9 3

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connected