Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

my new kindle paperwhiye keeps telling me that i have put in

my new kindle paperwhiye keeps telling me that i have put in the wrong password & therefore will not connect me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** this please>
    If you have a Windows computer that is currently connected to the Internet through the wireless router
    the password ***** ***** that computer.
    Please follow these steps:
    • Click the wireless strength indicator on the Windows taskbar (bottom right corner).
    • Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
    • Click on the security heading, Select Show characters to display the wireless network password.
    If you are not able to find or view the password ***** let me know the brand and model of your router/modem,

.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
    After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i cannot locate my wi-fi password. my router is BT home hub 3.0 settings. on my hub settings pull out it gives me a admin password ***** that does not work.it also gives mewireless network no a wireless key no.

Yes, that is it. Use the BT Wireless key on the BT Label for the wifi password.
In this example, the SSID is BTHomeHub-022B and the wireless key is ac551a5fed.

serial number and key

1. First press the Menu button on the keypad

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

2. Scroll down and select Settings

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

3. Scroll down to "Wi-Fi Settings" and select view

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

4. If asked to "Turn Wireless On?", select OK

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

5. Look for the name of your BT Home Hub in any list of available networks. Your Hub's network name (SSID) is on a label on the Hub. Don't connect to "BT Wi-Fi" or "BT Wi-Fi FON" when you're at home. This is BT Wi-Fi's network for when you're out and about. Once you've found your Hub, select connect

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

6. Enter your Hub's wireless key (also found on the label on the Hub) and select submit

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

7. You'll see the "Wi-Fi" icon in the top right-hand corner whenever you're connected wirelessly

Connecting a Kindle to the BT Home Hub

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you tell me to press down on the keypad!! but i dont have a keypad!!

press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

Use the BT Wireless key on the BT Label for the wifi password.Enter your Hub's wireless key (also found on the label on the Hub) and select submit
Connecting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, many thanks at long last i am into my kindle paperwhite. but how do i start reading the book i have just purchased?

• Thats great!
  • Go to the Home screen:
    • Tap the Home icon.
    • While reading, tap the top of the screen to show the reading toolbar, and then tap the Home icon.
  • Open a book - Tap the On Device tab to view the items that are downloaded to your device, and then tap a title to open it.
    Tip: Tap the Cloud tab to show all titles in Your Kindle Library. A check mark appears on titles that are already downloaded to your device.
  • To turn pages:
  • To show the next page, swipe right to left.
  • To show the previous page, swipe left to right
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks once again i am now operational!!

Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my answer positively.
Thank you very much!