Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Why does my computer keep rejecting CDs? It is an AcerZ5610

Why does my computer keep rejecting CDs? It is an AcerZ5610 Intel Core Quad8200 ,23"Full HD Multi touch Screen All In One Desktop 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD
I am a very elderly lady who does not understand the technicalities and the Engineer who came to look at it said he has difficulties getting the part. Can you help me please? In simple English if possible !!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to put a CD in the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I put the CD or DVD into the provided slot and within 3 seconds it rejects it and sometimes it doesn't want to accept it at all, but that is not very often. Usually it's in and then out!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The DVD player has faulted Hazel and needs to be replaced. This is what the engineer was saying, but the part can be purchased and I have the link below for you
Click me to open
Once you have the part, you replace the current DVD drive with this, and it will resume accepting DVD's
If you are not confident on replacing this in the Laptop, as it can be tricky, and this is a much cheaper option, is to just purchase an External DVD/CD drive which plugs into the USB port on the Laptop.
This you can purchase here
Click me to open
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have a laptop - it is a desktop and I do NOT want an external DVD/CD drive(my engineer already suggested this) and as I am nearly 90 yrs of age I need the simplest replacement.

All I'm asking is where can I get the DVD/CD drive for my computer? The engineer says it is available on E-Bay but he would prefer not to go there. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The Laptop word was a typo sorry
I gave the link which is the only place it is available (E-Bay) but it is perfectly safe as it is a reputable seller (over 3,000 times selling this item).
I will repeat the link for you Hazel
Click me to view
But this is the only place you are now able to purchase it from.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot rate you at present because I wish to my engineers opinion on your suggestion and he is not available at the moment - message being please ring later which I will do what do you want me to do?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the part I am informing you of is the only place they have it and is the part you need. The only thing your Engineer can say is if he is capable of replacing it (he should have these skills).
But I have marked this question to never close so if you need any additional information after this, you can let me know here, this is no problem. But I do feel the rating can be done now, as you need to know how to fix this, and I have provided clear information of this, with the offer to answer any further inquiries you have at any time Hazel.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry