Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I've just installed Quark XPress 10.10.1 on a new 27" iMac

I've just installed Quark XPress 10.10.1 on a new 27" iMac and downloaded the printer driver HP CM2320. All is working fine, but when choosing to print from Quark and trying select the correct PPD, I see a list of hundreds of printers. How can I delete all the other PPD files and just have the one HP 2320 (and my only alternative, an A3 Konika Minolta printer) in the list. I'm wasting too much time scrolling up and down the long list of printers that I don't have just to select one of the two that I have.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

If you are using only one printer and have the HP printer connected to your mac and dont want other printer to appear in the list of printers while you try to print from Quark Xpress you will have to remove the other printers from the printer drivers list.

Michelle :

1. Click the "Finder" icon on your screen's dock, and click the "Macintosh HD" icon located under the Devices section in the Finder's sidebar.

2. Double-click the "Library" icon to open the folder, and double-click the "Printers" folder.

3. Locate the printer's folder you wish to delete in the window, and drag the folder to the Trash icon on the screen's dock. Alternatively, click the folder you wish to delete, click "File" at the top of the screen and select "Move to Trash" from the drop-down menu.

4. Click "Finder" at the top of the screen, and select "Empty Trash" from the drop-down menu to remove the files from your hard drive. Click "Empty Trash" on the dialog box to confirm the action. Click "Secure Empty Trash" from the drop-down list to permanently delete the files.

Michelle :

let me know how that goes after following the steps.

Customer:

Relevant folder located. Unnecessary PPDs deleted. Problem solved. Thank you.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking.

Michelle :

Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit button.

Michelle :

Customer:

Sorted. Thanks