Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

, I am trying to find an email sent to me in 2004 by Juliet

Customer Question

, I am trying to find an email sent to me in 2004 by Juliet Ace but have forgotten my password -- -added to which is the fact that, in those days, my address was *****@******.***, therefore NOT my present one. Can you please help? It is VERY important. Thank you very much. John Cynddylan.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
John my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Which email service were you using at the time of the 2004 email? Just tell me the part to the right of the @ symbol in the email address.

Also when was the last time you did log into that account, it does not need to be exact but just give me an estimate please.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was about 2 years ago when we last used that address - *****@******.*** - and I am looking special email from Juliet Ace during 2004, probably soon after 20th February. . I just want a copy of the email which says "sorry". Thank you.very much. John C.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
John,
You may have misunderstood what I said above but reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Can you please retype the email address that the message was sent to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com

That way I can check and see if the account still exists or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The address to which Juliet Ace`s email was sent was - jecynddylanAThotmail.com - -thank you.Sorry about that but I am NOT computer literate!! John C.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks John, I will see if the account is still active, do you have any idea what the password *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Chris - but I have no idea what the password ***** -- I am 82 yrs of age and getting "past it" !!! But that email is most important if it can be found. If not then "ca ne fait rien" or "sanferryann" as we used to say. Thank you. John C.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
John,

Please read through the instructions before trying them so you understand what needs to be done.

I was able to confirm that the account is still active. So as long as the email was not deleted it should still be in the inbox.

In order to get back into the account you will need to reset the password.

You can do that by going to the following link:
https://account.live.com/password/reset

After you enter the address you will need to confirm your identity by answering the security question you placed on the account when you created it.

If you have forgotten that answer you will need to choose the option that says you no longer have access to the answer.

Then you will need to provide an email address you do have access to or do a questionairre about the account to prove that it is yours.

This can be very difficult and confusing.

If you think this is too difficult and would like me to do it click the get extra help button. I will try and gain access to the account on my own or I may use the option of connecting to your computer and going through the steps with you.

Before you agree to the extra help keep in mind that I cannot promise we can get back into the account or that the email will be there but I am to spend my time trying if you would like. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you questions.

Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
John,

The security question on the account is First child's middle name?

Do you know the answer to this question? If so please tell me it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you but I cannot afford the amount required. John C.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I have nothing to with the billing end of things but I can send you to customer service when we are done and they can work out a price with you that you can afford.

I have already started the password ***** process but need to know if you know the answer to the security question First child's middle name?