Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I was given a copy of Sibelius a music software programme.

Customer Question

I was given a copy of Sibelius a music software programme. I was supplied with a series of validation numbers, but no ID code. I have contacted the firm, avid.com missing code, but so far without success. I am a mature student at colchester institute and this is an integral part of my music studies. I should be very grateful help you can give me.
Best wishes,
David Morton
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you have access to a computer that already has the programme installed on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,

Yes the programme is installed, but my free period has expired. The codes I have been given are EDU-SIB75A182-NX3039690-68818T175

(academic verification code) and the download code is SIBADV184-DN2901248-449

Best wishes,

David Morton

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, what we need is the Activation code, have you tried the codes you told me to activate it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, as anything further is pirating the software David, you only have the following 2 options
1) Again contact Avid and demand the code as you do have a legitmate copy of the software.
2) If that fails, you will have to buy it again. You can do so via my link below Click me to open
I know that either option is not to reassuring but it is the only options you have available to you sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,

Thank you trouble. I am not happy with the answer, as the software was bought in good faith and I cannot afford to buy it again.

Best wishes,

David Morton

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok David, just note please we cannot break the law here and provide pirated software. This is the only other way outside of the answer I gave, and I dont want to break the law sorry.
If you need anything else, please let me know