Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I need help accessing my hotmail/outlook account. Someone appeared

Customer Question

I need help accessing my hotmail/outlook account. Someone appeared t hack it (WhatsApp) messages were automatically sending themselves from my account. Nothing to do with me however, Microsoft account team sent a Security alert they asked me to verify my identity with a security challenge.
Well I successfully did that and they sent through a new link to change my password ***** my account. When I went to sign in (less than a minute later), it didn't recognise my new sign in and now its saying that they are blocking the account.
The thing is that there is some really important stuff on there which I do not have anywhere else and there seems no way to be able to contact Outlook / Microsoft directly to prove myself.
What do I do? I really need the information. Can you help?
Portia
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
, welcome and thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your email issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac?
Also, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari to access your Hotmail?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess,

I believe that I am using Google Chrome but I'm not sure what Windows operating system I am using. My PC is a few years old if that helps. I must admit that I am not a wiz at the tech stuff. I just use them and have the up most respect who knows how this stuff runs!

Does this help?

OOOPS found it, Windows 7

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

,

Thank you back with that information. I was asking you question so that I will fully understand your actual scenario. Thank you very much. Since you "attempted" to change the password, but then when you signed in using the new password ***** assigned, the password ***** rejected,

I believe you were a victim of phishing. It means that, you got a phishing or copycat email "imitating" Microsoft, but when you entered your information there, the info was sent to a hacker and not actually to Microsoft. That is how phishing works and it is rampant today unfortunately.

Have you tried to login to the account using the OLD password? Please give it a try.

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can perform a security check against possible hacker attacks while you watch? I can also help you directly recover your hacked account.

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I accept $10.99 additional charge to be able to sort this all out. Thanks Jess.

I know that this is a little bit too much information but the info which is so important to me is all to do with my late husbands medical case. Plus there are emails from him to me. He died six months ago and this is all very upsetting and couldn't come at a worse time.

Let me know what I need to do?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
, I am so sorry to hear you loss. :-(
Please allow me to help you with your email issues. As long as I am connected to your computer, I will do my best to recover your email and the information there and help you secure it from future hacker attacks.
I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
,
Thank you my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
In that page, please DO NOT click on the big green "Download" button. Instead, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool .
After downloading, RUN the tool (by double-clicking it) and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you will see in the small team viewer window so that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess, ID 466 874 465 Password *****

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** connected now and will work with you on the issue.
Jess