Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Why are my passwords not being accepted after having reset

Why are my passwords not being accepted after having reset and gettingnew ones but they are still not being accepted it has beengoing on for some time and I am weary of it as I understood that you were only supposed to need one for everything but nowI am getting asked for one for i tunes for icloud for games for emails etc why?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please for which service your have the password ***** for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is my password ***** all my services with Apple as I understood you only need 1but I have had to change it so many times now I am confused as I get asked for one virtually anything I want to do on my iPhone ipad etc I don't know which one they want anymore as they don't accept even ones I have done trough reset and they verify but when I try they are still unacceptable I don't know what to do can you help?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Joyce
You do only need one user account and password ***** Apple.
If you click on my link below and attempt to sign in there with your Apple ID, what exactly happens?
www.icloud.com
Let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you asked but it said my icloud has been locked for security reasons and I need to reset it, but when I do it doesnt work the trouble is I have been told it was incorrect (my passwords) so many timesd and I have had to reset them then they don't work and on other programmes

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my computer. Any ideas

please?

***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It may be your computer Joyce, we need to first though eliminate all other causes for this.
I want you to attempt to reset your password ***** by using my link below.
Click me to view
Once you have reset the password, use this new password ***** sign in.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Let me know the results please
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry but I did as you asked but nothing has happened.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I saw you gave me a bad rating complaint Joyce? Why is this? Especially as we are not yet finished.
If you did what I asked, the password ***** have been reset and you could then access your accounts, so it appears you did not.
What exactly did you just do? and where did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you asked then went to aplly and put in my original password ***** I

used at the beginning andit worked ok but nothing happened and I couldnt get back to your page except for doing the grading thing which was unfair but I didnt know how to get back otherwise. I cannot afford to pay anymore money and I amworried about getting in any more involved because of that.

I notice my space bar sticks but not always do I notice when as it is notall the time and when I am typing it does feel as thoughit is okay as you can see it isdoing it now, could that haave anything to do with it when I am putting passwords in.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The spacebar could very well be causing the problem Joyce as it may add a character.
But it was not clear, have you now got the password *****?