Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I recently bought a Kindle "standard" model and have fallen

Customer Question

I recently bought a Kindle "standard" model and have fallen at the first fence trying to register it. How do I register it 'wi-fi'? I am not familiar with the terminology. I am resident in the Republic of Ireland.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. What is the name of your broadband provider? Does your Zyxel modem have a label on it with that wireless/wifi password?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not see anything on the label that says "password", but the "Imagine" adviser told me yesterday that it is: qoniigtpvq. Hope this helps.

okay,

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)

• Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
,

I know what happened, and i can explain in detail, if you are willing and ready.

Your password ***** NOT be shown on the screen as you enter it in, on some devices. This is a security measure. Some times you will see black dots appearing in lieu of your keystrokes. But some devices (apparently yours) will show nothing. Which in turn looks like its not accepting your keystrokes. But again this is simply a security measure.

Simply input your password, without messing up....and hit Enter to gain access.

Despite you will NOT see your password ***** entered.....i assure you, it IS being entered in.
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience: Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy,

I have tried this, but the Kindle is still not connectingYell; I'm getting desperate because I cannot get over the first hurdle.

I have decided that I am going to the shop from where I bought the device in Dublin and will ask them to sort the problem out , face-to-face: can the Kindle I bought be faulty, or is it just me?? (It probably is).

Regards,

Bob Heath.

Your welcome Bob!
Please let me know if you need anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still couldn't connect with the wi-fi. I went to the shop from where I bought the Kindle e-reader, in Dublin, and it worked perfectly there but when I arrived back home, I was back to "square one". I am now thinking that it must be my 'Zyxel AMG1202 router is where the trouble lies.

Okay, I can check the zyxel with a screen connect session, let me know if you want to do the remote screen connect please.