Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my granddaughter had my fire week. it came back but

my granddaughter had my fire week. it came back but will not connect to my Post Office hub. the hub is OK because I am connected now. I tried yesterday to find a way around it but no joy and now when I switch it on it needs a pass number before I can use it. I never entered a code number so I cannot use the tablet now. When my granddaughter had at her home they do not have internet access so it cannot be a virus. If out could help fix the glitch myself and her would be most grateful.
p.s. she has a lot of games on it and would not like to lose them.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It wont be a virus as these devices are not able to run them.
To check, the code is askes to unlock the screen on the fire correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, it is asking unknown pin number.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it sounds like the screen lock
If it is we need to reset it which returns it to new.
Are you able to put in
resetmykindle
as the pin Ken?
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says that it needs an internet connection to do that. I haven't got a connection

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it should not ask that so I dont think your at the lock screen
Are you able to go to settings on the Fire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I click on go to settings but it says that I need the internet connection.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you need to connect to your wifi again Ken.
To do this, Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap Wireless.
Tap Wi-Fi.
Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
Tap a network to connect to it. This is your network that you choose. Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.
Then it will have internet again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried that yesterday before the pin number lock came on. Now I can't access anything until I enter the pin code.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the wireless password.
We just need to get that. If you have a BT Hub, check on it lable that tells the wireless key, this is the pin to put in.
Else we can get it from your computer
I can also do these steps , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) . Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a BT hub I have a Postoffice hub. I cannot enter the wireless key. I've tried. I cannot get to the page that shows internet server connection.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The request Pin Ken is wireless key.
This is the page you enter it on.
Can you enter it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The request pin shows a numerical keypad. The number on the hub has numbers and letters on it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it sounds like the Fire it completley corrupted Ken, so we are going to have to reset it. This removes all content and returns it to new, so you will have to set it up again like when you first received it.
To do the reset, use the gear->more->device->reset
Where the 'gear' is in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It takes you into settings.
Complete the reset, then you can connect the Kindle to the wireless and set it up again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All what you have asked me to do I had tried yesterday before the number lock came on. I said at the start that my daughter did not want to lose all her games, by resetting that would happen. I could have reset it myself yesterday but thought there must have been a solution without resorting to the reset. It seems not. Your advice, although well meant, has been of no use to me. I trust that money (£28.00) placed on my credit card will not be put through. Thank you to help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is strange to just quit halfway through this procedure and request your money back.
But you get your refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, resetting is not half way through to a solution. It is the last resort. I did not need an expert to me that this is the way to resolve the problem.