Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Kindle Fire connects to computer but file I it appear empty,

Customer Question

Kindle Fire connects to computer but file I it appear empty, shows no books, games, or, I particular apps. as I want to download computer file to my new Access database manager
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you saying on the Kindles screen you see no books or apps?
Or in the folder you see on the computer when you connect the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

When I open the Kindle on the computer there are 17 Files including amongst others; Books, Documents and Downloads. I have checked every file and sub-file and cannot see even one Book Title or application, my immediate concern is the app. Access Database Manager so that I can transfer my Microsoft Access contact file to the Kindle. If you can resolve why that app is not appearing, I think it will resolve the other problems

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, all books dont show there Eddie, only books manually transferred to the Kindle.
But an Access program is not going to appear on the Kindle, the Kindle cannot run Microsoft Access.
Are you trying to get your contacts from Access put onto the Kindle? Is this what you are trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I bought Access Database Manager via Amazon, the app appears on the Kindle. If it does not appear in the files when connected to the computer, the computer database cannot be transferred to it. I am very surprised if Amazon is advertising an application of its products which does not work.

Eddie

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you got the app Kindle, that makes it clearer.
It is not going to be shown as a file though. What you do is copy your access file from the computer to the kindle.
Then disconnect the Kindle and open the Access App on the Kindle. Than open from within the App itself Eddie. Thats how this works.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I've tried that, got the backup file into the kindle but the app still just shows the samples supplied with it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What format is the backup app Eddie?
It needs to be accdb.
If it is, then in the App you open it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****, sorry delay I've had a couple of hospital problems.

The file format is accdb but surely it can't just be transferred to the Kindle, it must go into a particular File but there is not labeled Access.

The Files are; .imagecache, .msyscache, Alarms, Android, Audible, Books, DCIM, Documents, Download, Kindle, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Ringtones, Titan Game. None of these seems appropriate, but I put it in the Android/Data File Folder. I mentioned earlier ttat when I open Access it goes straight to the default database and there doesn't appear to be any way to change it that I can see. There are no instructions, hence my request . Although it was bought from Amazon Kindle Fire, maybe it doesn't work in it. Regards, Eddie

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Eddit
If you look at the review it gets 1 star as it does not really function. It looks to be a fake program, just done to get a few purchases.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.